Looking for a destination with relaxing times and some diving/snorkelling available - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Looking for a destination with relaxing times and some diving/snorkelling available

Thanks
    What about Cuba?

Lots of culture. Good diving (Well, way better than turkey) very laid back and relaxing.

Can highly recomend it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Yorkshire-Divers.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,750 Times in 773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stebzy View Post
    What about Cuba?

Lots of culture. Good diving (Well, way better than turkey) very laid back and relaxing.

Can highly recomend it.
    Kate's brother and girlfriend spent 3 weeks there just before Xmas and it looked great. Not sure about the diving though after reading some very interesting reports. I would rather not go diving than dive with some of the operators described in trip reports here!! Shame as it does look very nice.

Might go there in 2010 with the kids!
    Gareth
    Images of Life Photography - Underwater Print Sales, Teaching and Stock Library
    Team Foxturd - The Home of the Chimps
    Diving Incident and Safety Resource Centre

“Set your expectations high; find men and women whose integrity and values you respect; get their agreement on a course of action; and give them your ultimate trust.”

“It is far better to be trusted and respected that it is to be liked.”

Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o) ScubaSue's Avatar
    Rabat (Victoria) home. Xlendi - work. Gozo
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GLOC View Post
    Kate's brother and girlfriend spent 3 weeks there just before Xmas and it looked great. Not sure about the diving though after reading some very interesting reports. I would rather not go diving than dive with some of the operators described in trip reports here!! Shame as it does look very nice.

Might go there in 2010 with the kids!
    Cuba's history and culture is facinating, if a little distressing when you realise the levels of poverty. I would recommend going before Castro (either of them) kicks the bucket and before the Yanks get their hands back on it.

Dive centres aside, I rate the diving alongside that of Turkey - not fantastic.
    Sue
    -----------------------------------------------
    The Blonde Mediterranean Mafia The happiest diver on Gozo

5. Remove Advertisements
    Yorkshire-Divers.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GLOC View Post
    Bonaire looks nice but still 'kin pricey. Looking at a grand for the flights alone.
    Cost me less than half that in Sept 2007

Thanks
    What about Biyadhoo in the Maldives? Ok so there's no culture, only one restaurant, one bar and it's a bit run down. But, it's supposed to be a lovely natural island with one of the best house reefs in the Maldives (they will ruin it in '10 when they renovate the place) with excellent diving. Or there's a few others - Eriyadu, Ellaidhoo etc which should all come in under 1k for the week. Or Reethi beach is supposed to be another excellent one.
    To be honest on most Maldivian islands you don't get much 'culture'. There's no nightlife, nowhere to go but they offer the odd day trip to Male, or another island, dolphin spotting and the like.

Thanks
    Unfortunately, I broke an arm and instead of looking for places for snorkelling (although, my next place of destination is Mexico, Cozumel) I'll spend time at my summer house. Thankfully, I have a hot tub where I can spend time and relax. Also, right here I bought a decent hot tub cover.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345