YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
life is too short
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only place i can find that does a Housing rated deeper than 40m for my wee point and shoot Panasonic TZ7 is a company called 10bar.com...
wondered what experiences people have had with this company and their products before i spend a few hundred quid with them???

My other option of course is to change camera and get a deep housing accordingly but thats obviously going to be more expensive..

Many Thanks

·
life is too short
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jo,

Personally I'd be deeply suspicious of 10Bar and go for a brand that is supported by Cameras Underwater.

HTH
bugger... thats just increased the cost by another few hundred then if i should look at new camera too... thanks alistair.

anyone else???

·
Unusually Large Member
1,122 Posts
Alternatively, you could look for an older Sea and Sea digital camera and housing.
They are all rated to 60m. As is my strobe.

Ok, its a bit old tech, but the housing is built better than anything else I've seen in compacts.
And the strobes are ace.

HTH

Dan

·
life is too short
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Dan but ideally needing something rated to 80m+

though ken raised a point that compacts at that depth might struggle and i would need plenty of strobes etc...

·
Team HPDW - 10/90 for the Boys
5,435 Posts

though ken raised a point that compacts at that depth might struggle and i would need plenty of strobes etc...
A Camera.
For when CCR diving on it's own just isn't expensive enough :D

·
life is too short
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A Camera.
For when CCR diving on it's own just isn't expensive enough :D
An excellent point from the diver who buys 2 of everything :D

Thing is as im not a raper or pillager of wrecks, and the recent war graves i've dived i'd like pics of all the porcelain, brass and intact features before someone does come along and strip them bare...

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Jo,

Something to work at that sort of depth would probably mean an SLR in an aluminium housing. I think I read that Leigh Bishop uses Aquatica because they're the only manufacturer to guarantee their housing to 100m. I'm aware that the newer Nikons (the high end really expensive ones anyway) are very good in low light which might help you avoid strobes. It's an expensive job whatever ;)

·
Unusually Large Member
1,122 Posts
That's definitely out of the range for compacts.
TBH a Sea and Sea like mine would probably not flood, but the buttons would be very stiff.
Still a risk though. It sounds like you need a SLR and £££ housing. Ouch

D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts