YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi Team! hope the Dive Show was fun - sorry I couldn't make it in the end.

So, anyone fancy a dive next weekend? I'm happy to travel, and inland might be a possibility if the weather doesn't improve. Suggestions welcome!

:confined:

Paul

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Sorry Paul - off to a wedding in Inverness - Mrs Gavster says so ...

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

"Count me in, Where you thinking?
No where to far away"

Hmmm, so I guess joing me and t'other half at the inimitable Horsea Island where we will be trying out our drysuits for the first time isn't appealing then!

Oh well, another time maybe...:confined:

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Just noticed your both from Bucks and London,,,,!!!!! Sounds like a trek down south at some point could be an idea.... Wheres really, really good that you recomend down your neck of the woods???

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

You might also have noticed from my profile that my UK diving is limited to Stoney so far as I only went AOW this year in France and havent been brave enough yet to go Sea bound. Having said that I do like Stoney (sad old sod) for a training dip, builds the confidence before the Seaside stuff. I'm up (see how far South I am) next week.
Matt

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Paul,

would love to go off somewhere exciting this weekend but I'm having to do my Sport Diver OW dives in Capernwray, for the club I joined.

After that I'll be grounded again until mid Nov when I'm being let out to do my Nitrox stuff with Andy Dalesdiver - Coooool!

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

No mate, no other sites and I think this will be the last one this year I am sorry to say. Its the wet suit you see, I dive with my son and until he's stopped growing I am staying out of dry bags. We also do Archery during the winter/spring so diving takes a back seat. The weather is starting to turn suspect just now so I will be confirming my Southern shandy drinking softy status very soon. So its time to hang up my boots (unless that Bank job comes off) and save for the new suits - sob!!
Matt

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Hey Matt,

why stop diving for the archery, why not combine them?  I can see it now, a whole new area for the sport... Archery whilst fully kitted up - with Drysuit (naturally for when its colder) you could even put aiming reticles on your mask lenses.

I can sense a whole new area opening up for you here.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts