YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

been diving at stoney today 19th exellent vis all day

say more fish than usuall ;). Someones going to email some photos is see if i can post em

surface temp 21 C
bottom temp 17 C
Had a good test of my new dry suit and its nice and warm

its funny never botherd to wear a hood just 5mm gloves, yet my hands were freezing cold and my head was still warm wired

Tony

Tony

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF7F00'>YOU POOF

Ya a kent diver, what you doing travelling 400 mile trip to jump in a pond , when the sea is 50 yds from ya front door?
?
?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ Sep. 19 2003,21:40)]YOU POOF

Ya a kent diver, what you doing travelling 400 mile trip to jump in a pond , when the sea is 50 yds from ya front door?
?
?
rofl well :-
1, completed 25 logged dives and had em signed off

2, completed specialty course in dry suit
got it cheap as im so good

3, I know the waters damn cold so wanted to try the suit out
4, some ones got to drive the van
5, get two days off work ;)
Tony

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF7F00'>You was off work anyway,,,,,,,,,,, BAD BACK was it ,

Did you know the country losses billions per year , with people cheating thier bosses........

SHAME on you,,,,,,,,,,,,, and you wanted to work for me ,,,, TUT TUT TUT TUT

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ Sep. 19 2003,21:50)]You was off work anyway,,,,,,,,,,, BAD BACK was it ,

Did you know the country losses billions per year , with people cheating thier bosses........

SHAME on you,,,,,,,,,,,,, and you wanted to work for me ,,,, TUT TUT TUT TUT
no i had to day off anyway had it booked, anyway I had an accident on the lorry aint my fault they overload it

The boss is a to**er any way

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

who needs work anyway? i got enough to retire for 5 years

Money is like a circle in the water, ever ceasing to enlarge itself by broad spreading disperses to not

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>And what the hell are you doing in that temp. in a dry bag......Even I dive that in a 7 mil semi with a 2 mil vest as a base.

and a fancy pot to keep the head warm.
Congrats on the ticket

michael

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF7F00'>And ya can stuff ya £ 25 grand , coz i've now got it ,.,,,,,:p  and what a bizzy plan i have for you

Andy

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Scuba1 @ Sep. 19 2003,21:57)]And what the hell are you doing in that temp. in a dry bag......Even I dive that in a 7 mil semi with a 2 mil vest as a base.

and a fancy pot to keep the head warm.
Congrats on the ticket

michael
Whats the point getting wet on a cold day? especially when u got to strip off ;)
Thanks Tony

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ Sep. 19 2003,22:02)]And ya can stuff ya £ 25 grand , coz i've now got it ,.,,,,,:p  and what a bizzy plan i have for you

Andy
lol what u got for me?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

Andy u got that helecopter working or have you crashed it yet? ;)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Imported post

Has anyone seen the Hammerhead shark that is supposed to be in stoney ?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Col.Maniac @ Sep. 19 2003,22:14)]surface temp 21 C
bottom temp 17 C
<font color='#0000FF'>I'm sure it is. At that temperature I'd be tempted to open the zip a wee bit just to cool down

Kyrre

·
Registered
73 Posts
Imported post

Best I've ever seen stoney was being able to see the stanegarth from 3m below the surface, that would make it ~14m vertical vis.
21 C? Absolute luxury what you need gloves for?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Norseman @ Sep. 21 2003,05:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Col.Maniac @ Sep. 19 2003,22:14)]surface temp 21 C
bottom temp 17 C
I'm sure it is. At that temperature I'd be tempted to open the zip a wee bit just to cool down

Kyrre
oops wro quote
this one :- Best I've ever seen stoney was being able to see the stanegarth from 3m below the surface, that would make it ~14m vertical vis.
21 C? Absolute luxury what you need gloves for?
Hi, no 21C top side temp not i water

17 C is ruddy cold burrrrr,  I dived there last month on my advanced course the surface temp was 25C and bottom was 17C, I only had a 5mm full wetsuit with 5mm shorty on the top it was damn cold then 25m for 20 min at 17C i was already shivering when i got to the bottom

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Col.Maniac @ Sep. 21 2003,07:34)]I only had a 5mm full wetsuit with 5mm shorty on the top it was damn cold then 25m for 20 min at 17C i was already shivering when i got to the bottom
no wonder you need a dry suit for 21C, I used to dive in a one-piece 5.5mm suit all the time (no shorty on top) and that's seen Stoney in March so 11-12C

And no this isn't some old git talking about 20 years ago!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Imported post

Hey Tony i was up stoney on friday don,t now were you got the 20m vis from ,even there beer was not that clear.

As i was coming out after my second dive (slipway)i saw some guy going in with no gloves on at about 3pm are you that man ?

Regards,

MAL..

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GUV.. @ Sep. 21 2003,12:33)]Hey Tony i was up stoney on friday don,t now were you got the 20m vis from ,even there beer was not that clear.

As i was coming out after my second dive (slipway)i saw some guy going in with no gloves on at about 3pm are you that man ?

Regards,

MAL..
Hi, no that was not me I was wearing gloves and no hood, I had a black and silver drysuit on.  I went in with an instructor just to finnish of the days diving we went in on the slope under the pub
We was parked up to the right of the bus stop the van had Blue Ocean Diving written all over it

Tony.

P.S yea we did have 20 meter vis on the first morning dive we dived down under the bus stop and went to the left had a look over the drop off point and saw the bottom 15 meters or so  down
 best vis i seen so far.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Imported post

just checked my log book last dive at stoney was at 1:58 pm in and 2:30 pm out
Tony

·
Registered
84 Posts
Imported post

Sorry Tony i err.. ment hood not gloves,as i was coming out on my second dive a guy with ginger hair was just going in with no hood.I was also parked to the right of the bus stop at the front it was a blue bmw.my first dive was at about 11am so the vis had probably dropped by then.I was suprised how quiet it was for a friday never got busy, quick fills by a cheerful chap and no queuing up for the butties.

Regards,

MAL..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts