YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

It's the day after boxing day, you're up to the gills with turkey, and you fancy 10+m vis in Capernwray (alright alright. I know it's not Scapa. But beggars, etc).

Anyone for a dive, about mid-day? Something to get you away from the mother in law ay.

Let's know if there's any interest in this!

Festive greetings,

P

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Hello Mr C.

Long time no.......C!

Well this could become a bit of tradition - I believe we did this last year - I think I may be in, put me down and then I'll clear it.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Aye, and there's the rub......

You will keep doing this! Organising gigs on days when I'm otherwise engaged!

The thing about being born on the 28th of December is that you have Christmas Eve, leading to Christmas Day, leading to Boxing Day...so the 27th is a day of R&R (either crank up the sherry or get some liquids down your neck to rehydrate form the previous days' onslaught).

With me, I'm still mid-amongst it (what with having an immediate family of ten - seven brothers and sisters - and 16 nieces and nephews!) and going large. And then, as if that weren't enough, my birthday swings around and we're back on the tread-mill of uber-giggle-fest-unt-sherry again!

Then of course, my birthday celebrations segue neatly into New Year's Eve and New Year's Day! So you see: I'm a prisioner to the festivities!  

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bren Tierney @ Nov. 30 2003,01:01)]The thing about being born on the 28th of December is that you have Christmas Eve, leading to Christmas Day, leading to Boxing Day...so the 27th is a day of R&R (either crank up the sherry or get some liquids down your neck to rehydrate form the previous days' onslaught.

With me, I'm still mid-amongst it (what with having an immdieate family of ten - seven brothers and sisters - and 16 nieces and nephews!) and going large. And then, as if that weren't enough, my birthday swings around and we're back on the tread-mill of uber-giggle-fest-unt-sherry again!

Then of course, my birthday celebrations segue neatly into New Year's Eve and New Year's Day! So you see: I'm a prisioner to the festivities!  
Sounds like someone needs to stock up on the nail varnish for the christmas/new year period...  

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>Could even get round to it as well!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Crap n Rainy...
Non pour moi!  but I'll be en-route to NY festivities in the Lakes (near Ambleside) so could be persuaded to do a bimble in Coniston/Windermere/Crummock perhaps

·
Registered
106 Posts
Imported post

Looks as though my 27th day of December is now sorted.  Beats having to sit through endless repeats on the television and playing board games.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Dive safe.

Kev

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

Excellent, sounds like a few are interested. I'll check back nearer the time for another head count. Steve, I sympathise with your view! I'll do a poll nearer the time to see if others fancy a lake or prefer the C - but the latter does have air etc which may influence some.

Festive greetings, P

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

Maybe, just maybe, the Digmeister will put in an appearance. See how drunk I am after Xmas. Can't be that bad. Mind you the boxing day hunt will have some drinking involved...

He's already flame-proof jacket on and sprinting, not just running, for the door...

·
T.L.S. More dives than posts
688 Posts
Imported post

Oh Ok I may just be able to drag my buddy kicking and screaming,if not i'll come on my own

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hey this is turning into a nice gig,

So far we have

Paul C (Systematiser)
Timing (TBC)
Parahandy
SBuccilli
Barry Brasher (sbuccilli's mate)
Dave Crampton
Josie Chaplin
Chris Hall
Kev Martin
Digger ??
Kev W
Micheal

Roll up, roll up. If you get there early make sure the JCB has been down and made a substantial hole in the ice for you to enter.

Dave C

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Imported post

'Organiser' is a very grand term for it Dave
 I was thinking of leaning against my car for a quarter of an hour and seeing who turned up...
Now further to Steve W's comment any views on Crapernwray as opposed to a lake? I have to say I favour Crapernwray on account of availability of air, coffee, alcohol (post-dive of course!) etc but make your views known (at any rate, if you disagree).
P

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Imported post

Ok folks!

Capernwray seems to be the location (sorry Stevil hope to see you in the salty stuff some time soon).

I have phoned to check, and they are open.

I shall be pitching up at about 12. I have a dark blue Saab 9-3 rego T695...

All very informal, come over and say hi, etc. I'll come and give you a kiss if you're wearing a red carnation or a YD top (only joking about the kiss...).

Then maybe a pint in the bar after a dive or 2.

Have a merry Xmas everyone!

P

·
Registered
16 Posts
Imported post

hi looks like i will be able to make it for sat, the plan is to arrive around 11 ish .i will be in a S reg blue corsa .pop over and say hello ,     ps a mug shot can be found,look on recent trip reports tynemouth 23/24 aug god is my face burnt ,captain cracks pair of winners i am the one with the cheesy grin sitting next to him       mike                                              

·
Registered
16 Posts
Imported post

hi looks like i will be able to make it for sat, the plan is to arrive around 11 ish .i will be in a S reg blue corsa .pop over and say hello ,     ps a mug shot can be found,look on recent trip reports tynemouth 23/24 aug god is my face burnt ,captain cracks pair of winners i am the one with the cheesy grin sitting next to him       mike                                              

1 - 20 of 36 Posts