YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
"we're gonna need a bigger boat"
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get an adapter so that I can use an A clamp filling wip to fill my 300 bar cylinders? I only want to fill them to 230 bar (using club compressor)

Cheers

·
Registered
733 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get an adapter so that I can use an A clamp filling wip to fill my 300 bar cylinders?
Not sure anybody would do a direct A-clamp to 300 bar, but Sub Aqua products do an A-clamp to 230 bar adapter, which you could dismantle & fit a 300 bar DIN connector to.

Take a look at their website: Sub-Aqua Products Home Page

and do a search for parts 1081 & 1082HP.

Note that there are VERY good reasons why they don't sell A-Clamp to 300 bar, and you must be dammed sure you know what you are doing before buggering around like this.

cheers,
Paul

·
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
13,407 Posts
Not sure anybody would do a direct A-clamp to 300 bar
I got an adaptor from SAP with 300bar DIN male on one end and an A-clamp block on the other. Cost about a fiver about ten years ago, don't know if they still do them. I remember I did have to ask them over the phone as it wasn't in the catalogue.

Cheers,

Stuart

·
"we're gonna need a bigger boat"
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers, Sub Aqua Products do a 300 bar male DIN to 232 bar female DIN adapter. So you can fill a 300 bar cylider from a 232 bar compressor - not the other way round. Issue is only if you try and fill a 232bar cylinder from a 300 bar compressor.

·
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
13,407 Posts
Issue is only if you try and fill a 232bar cylinder from a 300 bar compressor.
Nah... stick a Poseidon a-clamp adaptor on it... it'll be reet :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts