YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Custom User Title
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they available anywhere?

I am travelling down next weekend and i seem to be being ignored by my buddies, not looking for nitrox, just air.

I think we are diving on someone's boat from here, but I'm not sure :confused:

TIA for the help with the fills :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
You are not being ignored, Andy has answered your question.

You are diving in Swanage not Southampton, you can get 300 bar fills in my dive club (Yoyo Divers) in Southampton but seeing as you will be in Swanage (about 50 miles from Southampton) they are of little use. If you care to read the other thread, Andy has already made the phone call for you, Divers Down do not unfortuantely do 300 bar fills. The max depth is also already on that thread too as already indicated

·
NULLI-SECUNDUS
1,016 Posts
if you are off to swanage, Dorset Diving Services & Forward Diving does 300 bar fills. Both of these are in Poole
Thanks

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
If you go to Andark, drive round the back as the filling st is at the rear. Don't bother taking your cylinder in the shop.

Dave C
Err no.

The 300 bar whip is actually next to the Nitrox/Trimix bank and that's
accessed through the mid door. So park in first car park next to the
shop as close as you can get to the large plastic door in the corner.

BTW same for all Nitrox, Trimix and twin fills.

·
NULLI-SECUNDUS
1,016 Posts
I know Divers Down has just had a new compressor put in, don't know if it can pump 300 bar.
Give them a call 01929 423565

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know Divers Down has just had a new compressor put in, don't know if it can pump 300 bar.
Give them a call 01929 423565

Thanks
I'm afraid it can't, I called them to check. The closest 300bar filling station is 20 miles from Swanage in Poole (as above).

Andy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Incidentally I’ve just released 2 places on Saturday’s Aeolian Sky trip back to Divers Down since one buddy pair has dropped out of the weekend. The itinerary for the day is first dive on the Aeolian Sky leaving Swanage pier at 10:30am. Followed by 2nd dive which will be a drift dive on the return route.

Andy.

·
Custom User Title
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You are not being ignored, Andy has answered your question.

You are diving in Swanage not Southampton, you can get 300 bar fills in my dive club (Yoyo Divers) in Southampton but seeing as you will be in Swanage (about 50 miles from Southampton) they are of little use. If you care to read the other thread, Andy has already made the phone call for you, Divers Down do not unfortuantely do 300 bar fills. The max depth is also already on that thread too as already indicated
Thanks, I had a look at the thread again on Friday (after I sent the text :redface: and saw the max depth, fills were done on Saturday, all around 32% so circa 34m

Geography was never my strong point, hence having satnav ;)

I'm afraid it can't, I called them to check. The closest 300bar filling station is 20 miles from Swanage in Poole (as above).

Andy.
Cheers Andy, I shall have to bring the footpump then ;) or head into Poole for a fill. that or use the 15l first then the 12l

BTW - Drift dive procedures, will the skipper shit himself if I use a yellow blob, or do I need to get a red one?

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts