YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tinkering and a plethora of other pursuits...
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're going to upgrade and had decided on a Samsung LE32r88BD for £550 (Dixons). That seems to be the best value 32 LCD on offer at the minute. But is it really worth paying another £200 for a 37inch screen? Any better models for a similar price?
Cheers,
S.

·
Registered
238 Posts
bigger is always better ......well thats what my wife always says....mmmmmmmmmm

·
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, we think 37 max but not sure how much better, in terms of viewing, it will be over a 32. An extra £200 notes for the 37 would also buy a fair amount of shiny tinkering kit at this years dive show...
S.

·
bleedingheartliberalpcgon emadtreehuggingdogooder
1,135 Posts
It can depend on the size of the room.

Our old TV died just as my ex and I were splitting up - so we both bought new TV's and for a while we had them both in the same house. She bought 28" I bought 32" and for the room we had them in the 28 was much better. The 32 is just too big for the room.

House hunting recently and a lot of people have tried to squeeze the equivalent of Screen1 of their local odeon cinema into a tiny living room!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Yep, we think 37 max but not sure how much better, in terms of viewing, it will be over a 32.
S.

One thing to be aware of is that with a bigger screen, you're not going to get a "better" picture. You'll get a bigger one that shows up the quality of the input signal.

Get a big screen and you'll end up going down the blueray/HD route. :frown:

imho

·
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Opted for the 32 Samsung - rather good too!
Cheers all,
S.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts