YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Just not enough dive time.
9,000 Posts
Imported post

Exactly, thats whats been happening on Handbagnet (Steve W coined that), there are two Ammers on there. More accurately there is one Ammers and one ammers, notice the subtle difference. The 'wrong' one has been posting and causing all sorts of confusion.
Matt

· Registered
1,063 Posts
Imported post

Another constructive post eh Stef? :errrr:

And if you remember on DN - AnneMarie asked for full removal and the name "Ammers" was deleted. Some people have too much time on their hands

(Edited by Driftwood at 7:58 pm on Nov. 5, 2002)

· Registered
3,877 Posts
Imported post

Stef will have to be known as "Wee Stef" now that we have "Big Steph" on board, and whatever one's views are on risk taking, I think most of us would like to keep things friendly, God knowns there's plenty of forums out there for the "unfriendlies".
Regards
Steve

· Registered
3,877 Posts
Imported post

Just to be a tad more serious for a moment, IME it's not unusual to encounter people with Wee Stef's approach to life, in fact a one time friend of mine was, in some ways, quite similar. Consequently I've had this discussion before with some of the "trick-cyclists" in our Med School:

Apparently, if someone is consistently negative, especially in terms of a 'public face', it should be taken as a sign of deep rooted unhappiness with life in general, and treatment should be sought.

There is a condition known as Anhedonia (which the aforementioned chap had)wherein the subject is unable to experience any joy in life. If this applies to 'Wee Stef' (as one could reasonably deduce from her postings)then perhaps we should try to be a litle more sympathetic?  
Regards
Steve W

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/special_reports/depression/anhedonia.htm

(Edited by Steve W at 11:33 am on Nov. 7, 2002)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.