YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
www.eastcornwalldivers.co .uk
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if anyone had a Beaver (or similar) 7mm semi-dry hood and what they thought of it?

Beaver 7mm Ultraflex Semi Dry Hood - www.watersportswarehouse.co.uk

I've currently got a 3mm hood, mostly OK but doing some of the slightly 'fresher' dives towards the start and end of the season I've been getting "brain freeze" which, whilst I can (and have been) coping the last few years, takes some of the enjoyment out of the dive.

Anyway, without even looking came across this and thought it might be worth a go. Just wondered if anyone had one and had any thoughts? I can't really see a downside to having a thicker hood, and can't really see a way in which it could be "too thick" unlike gloves or a dry suit restricting movement as such, but as none of my LDS's stock anything like it it'll have to be mail order (not necessarily from WSW) and I'm sure someone on here must have tried one!

Cheers,

James.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Pretty sure i borrowed this hood on saturday. First dive in stoney 3mm wetsuit and no hood i was freezing and had brain freeze most of the dive. Second dive i borrowed that hood and felt considerably warmer with no brain freeze. I couldnt see any downsides to it

·
MIFLEX DIR = "Did It Rupture"??
3,737 Posts

·
www.eastcornwalldivers.co .uk
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys, that one looks good and a recommendation is always worth 10 times what a website can tell you!

As I said, I'd not even started looking yet but came across the beaver which got the ball rolling so to speak.

Will order a Waterproof from Deep Blue - cheers for the heads-up on the free delivery Woz!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts