YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Go in deep and come out wet
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:frown:

I was in my LDS this afternoon when Dave from 8 acres came in and told everyone that the site will be closed as of the end of July.

The site is to be turned into a fishing lake.

I think he's going to try and organise a bash for the last weekend so you can go have a dive and a bbq and a few tinnies...You'll have to check with him on that though :(

Sorry to see it go - it was V handy for me.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts

I was in my LDS this afternoon when Dave from 8 acres came in and told everyone that the site will be closed as of the end of July.

The site is to be turned into a fishing lake.

I think he's going to try and organise a bash for the last weekend so you can go have a dive and a bbq and a few tinnies...You'll have to check with him on that though :(

Sorry to see it go - it was V handy for me.
that is a true shame mate as i heard that it was a good site for training !

best wishes leigh

·
Registered
356 Posts
Sad to see i t go

:frown: V sad to see this site go, realy enjoyed the odd night dive there.

I guess its a case of support it or loose it.

Robin

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Ahhh, 8 Acre, the beigest, siltiest dive I've ever done. I even managed to lose Digger in his bright orange drysuit and large HID torch, briefly. We reunited to make a touching tableau from the plastic farm animals however. :D

·
Diving is mostly wet but sooooo much fun
351 Posts
I guess its a case of support it or loose it.

Robin[/quote]
couldn't agree more such a waste a loss to us all...
A real shame

·
I am a person NOT a number
7,710 Posts
It might have done better as a dive site if the access road was user friendly for non 4 x 4 wheel vehicles.
But I did enjoy my one dive there, my first with a certain Mr Goat and a good YD weekend camping.

ANyone for a burger?

·
East coast, think I dive there !
1,993 Posts
Last time I was there we were told the site had been sold and would be continued to be developed for diving so I stumped up the cash for membership, o well there is always the sea.

·
No longer a Scapa Virgin
2,115 Posts
Did my first open water dive there as well, I think my instructor worked on the principal that if I could survive a dive there I could survive anywhere! Viz of about 0.5 mtr! Have to agree about the road as well, that cost me an exhaust repair!

Having said that it's a shame to see a dive site go, ah well!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Dave also told me there was 15m viz, do you think he was lying about all of it?

An who's on that bloody phone again!!!
yep indeedy , an u might ave guessed CHARLIE
ave you decided to play out tomorrow after all ? rob is a no go ! god i need to get wet !

·
East coast, think I dive there !
1,993 Posts
yep indeedy , an u might ave guessed CHARLIE
ave you decided to play out tomorrow after all ? rob is a no go ! god i need to get wet !
Only if it's in the salty stuff so doesn't look likely, give us a bell then your phone line is connected to the rest of civilisation.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts