YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

9>90 - a goner?

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Finless 
#1 ·
Imported post

I spotted a post on Divernet about 9>90 dive mag having gone under. The most relevant part of the post (as below) I lifted from DNet. It is relevant because I paid a subscription and have not received one mag yet.

[quote from DNet]->
Q.  Does anyone know the truth? Is 990 magazine still being published? As a massive fan of this mag I was really shocked to hear this weekend that the crew at 990 have hung up there flippers and stopped publishing.......
A. Yep they took money off people for subscriptions even after the last issue had been published then buggered off

Best check back on my credit card to see if I can get the money back - one seventy fifth of my desired Inspiration wasted  

See less See more
#3 ·
Imported post

Okey Dokey,

Here's the latest on 990 Mag.

I've just had a detailed conversation with Don Mcgregor, UK Group Managing Director of the Stenmar Group/The Underwater Centre at Fort Bill (the new owners of the '990 Mag' title).

Like a number of you, I am a subscriber to the title and after not receiving either editions of the mag or any news on the state of monies already laid out in subscription for about 6 months, I asked him some very direct questions as to the state of play with 990 Mag. I'm happy to report that Don was just as helpful and direct in his responses.

The new owners of 990 Mag have been in the process of trying to get as clear a picture as possible of the publication's current and historical data/subscriber-base. They have now enlisted YD in that process.

So, to that end, can I please ask that ANYONE who has either been a subscriber, currently or formerly, to 990 Mag, and who still has a desire to receive the magazine, or information on your subscription status, email your contact details (email, home address, contact phone number etc.) to the following email address:

990@yorkshire-divers.co.uk

I'd like to stress catagorically that your details will NOT be harvested for generic web-use/spam or advertising purposes, and that their sole use will be to help 990 achieve its goal of having a more complete picture of just who is and who has been a subscriber and still wants to receive the publication. Your details will be collated into a spreadsheet and handed over to 990 so that subscribers can get back to receiving the mag they paid for.

The other good news is that 990 Mag should be back on our shelves/dropping through our letter-boxes in January 2004!

On behalf of the new owners, Don appologises, unreservedly, to anyone who has seen/experienced distruption in the delivery of the title in the last six months. This is now under control and in the process of being rectified, hence this update.

Added to the above, Don and his team has spent the last seven months putting together the following site for their diving facility at Fort Bill:

http://www.fortwilliam.gb.net

Hope this helps!

#4 ·
Imported post

Thanks for the information Bren and thankyou for putting in you your free time to help the users of YD

DD  

#5 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Thanks for the update Bren and what is hopefully good news.  

I was disappointed at the thought of what had been a good magazine disappearing from view but angry that they had accepted my subs under false pretences.  

Maybe it will all turn out ok.

Cheers

#6 ·
Imported post

Thanks to the marvellous efficiency that I utilise when filing old credit card statements I am now not sure whether my subscription was taken or not.

Ollocks !!! I don't know whether to woohoo or boohoo.

#7 ·
Imported post

As a result of several emails we have already received, can I just stress that YD is not directly connected with 990. We are helping the new owners to hopefully resume normal service and are passing your details onto them so they can address the subscription issues.

#8 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Heads Up @ Nov. 06 2003,15:33)]Guys and girls - can I just stress that YD is not connected with 990 in anyway and that we are simply helping the new owners to hopefully resume normal service.
Panic ye not.

I am sure our collective awareness is up to the task.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.