YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Great write up M8, good to read please post more in the future.

ATB

Mark Chase

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
Nice report! Cheers!

I thought that procedure was to blob up and finish your stops before ascending too! Are they just big helicoptor fans and like seeing as many as they can? :)

·
Driving my truck with my high-heels on...
5,509 Posts
Agreed

Nice report! Cheers!

I thought that procedure was to blob up and finish your stops before ascending too! Are they just big helicoptor fans and like seeing as many as they can? :)

Sorry but my answer is B****CKS I'm doing the stops .I thought all training agencies taught that you do your stops then surface ? Makes you wonder if anybody should be using Gildy for training ,Surely the risk assessment that Instructors should do would highlight this as dangerous ? Or have things changed again ?

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Great report, keep them coming :)

Do the safety procedures say don't do stops or to they mean don't do safety stops but do mandatory stops (i.e. deco stops)?

I can almost understand the do not do safety stops bit. but do not understand why anybody would force you to miss deco stops, makes no sense, youd have divers exiting the water to become casualties therefore escalating the situation.

Davie.

·
The brains & beauty behind 'Kinky Divers'
1,585 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I was there on sunday too, & was underwater when the recall went. we were by the bus - ie right by the entry points where they must have rdopped in the thunderflash - so it was bloody loud!!

anyway, we did our 3 minutes of stops, surfaced & duly got a bollocking from the Guildy woman for not surfacing immediately. now I'm quite happy to abide by the rules of a dive site, especially those relating to safety, but the only notice they have of this procedure is an A4 notice on the notice board inside the shop/cafe. for the record, the procedure is to surface immediately, or blob off if you're staying down, just so that they know where everyone is, which is fine. but please, put a sign up by the entry points telling people this!!

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
I was there on sunday too, & was underwater when the recall went. we were by the bus - ie right by the entry points where they must have rdopped in the thunderflash - so it was bloody loud!!
Yeah, that's where I was when it went off (about 6 months ago) Scared the crap out of me! :)

anyway, we did our 3 minutes of stops, surfaced & duly got a bollocking from the Guildy woman...
If it's not that it'll be something else, she's a bit of a miserable Dragon that one!

What happened with Gildy being up for sale anyway? Anyone know any news?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts