YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I went straight past this bit to begin with - pls pardon my manners, or lack of them.

I am another soppy Southerner (Bexhill, East Sussex) but I bet we have worse viz in the Channel than almost anywhere else in the UK - starts an arguement straight away. I've been out in pitch black and zero viz - headbutting it proved a wreck was present - and thats on a good day. And I had to walk 10 miles to and from the dive carrying my kit.

I happen to think UK diving is amongst the best in the world - when you get a good day with good viz on a wreck - wow.

Took the "nom de plume" Finless as my personal reminder that I jumped in at Scapa last year without my fins on or with me. Doh!

Started with PADI abroad, continued with PADI here and moved on to TDI.

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Better late than never!  I remember someone rolling of the back of the boat with his drysuit zip open.  It took several rounds for that to calm down.  Silly ar*e.  Dive safely.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Hiya
welcome to the forum, you probably know I'm a shandy drinker too. Nice to get a few more in here.

Matt

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Heh.. by that criteria, I should be "Drysuit Direct Feed Less" as a result of a trifling oversight one day..
But I can't say it rolls off the tongue

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Fin,

And by that token, I should be 'Turned up at the Water's Edge at Wastwater wearing my Sunglasses instead of Mask'....

Heigh-ho - we all have our moments mate. Welcome to YD. I think we've chatted on D-net once or twice but good to see you here. Get in amongst it and enjoy.

Cheers,

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Welcome finless, another southerner, we're taking over the world.

Scapa, my favorite dive site, alongside Brighton of course.

You mention that you started with a Irish girlfriend, (padi broad), sorry best l could come up with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts