YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey hey everybody...
New to YD as I am, this is a first posting a 'post dive' thread.
Having got talking with sexydivebuddy and dive buddha, the arrangements made, Stoney the destination. I like to think myself a laid back person who isn't fazed by much, those who know me may say otherwise, A good day out was had by all.
Picked the Buddha up on the way, much talk of past exploits, both diving and non diving related ensued. Arrived at Stoney bright and early experiencing that wonderful smell which is 5am. Can't help thinking how much business would be made by a small butty shop at that time on a morning. Not to worry, Stevio to the rescue, the worlds supply of pastries and the likes were already in my possesion.
Cue, one happy Buddha! Met up with the sexy one and husband, who just happens to turn out to be a work college. (I work for a very strange and diverse company) Again talk turned to exploits on and off pitch. Fantastic!!
eventually parked and sorted out. Much kit fondling then time for splash.
dropped in and headed for the gnome garden at 32 ish in the sump (is my computer accurate?) Buddha very upset that his gnome appeared to have a serious headache and needed collecting (in many pieces) Accidents do happen, but methinks no accident. Being the laid back person I am I have no wish to get involved in such allegeations or petty disputes, I just wanna dive and have fun.
Popped back up to the 20 shelf and headed for the bus. many people appeared so made tracks for the Staingarth. Loads of stonking great perch under and around it. Starting to get cold despite having a Hotsuit belt on under the dry bag, time to pop up to the six and then out.
Thankfully analysis of the dive at the surface interval proved we got on well as a buddy pair and neither wanted to hit each other. Bonus!!
Second dive was a bimble around the other way, past helicopter and to the weedy bits where we thought we might see a pike or two. They were all hiding but did see a tidy clump of cray fishy things feasting on the remains of a roach.
Tried to have a see-saw on a plank over a barrel, but only suceeded in stiring up shit. Back up to the shallows and out.
Even had a third dive where I wanted to make sure some modifications to my home made video housing and lights weren't leaking. Buddha seemed impressed with my efforts but really I think he thought it looked like an old CO2 extinguisher with a plastic port on the front. (odd that) Amazing what you can do when you are bored.
I think it takes a special kind of person to just turn up and dive with someone who you don't know. First impressions on the other persons kit and mannerisms can sometimes foul judgement. You know what I mean here, all the kit but no idea, or just the opposite, abused and well used kit. Best thing to do is get wet and see how they perform. If buoyancy is okay and not clinging to your shoulder, I reckon your in for a good day.
We will dive together again I am sure.

Well, That's it. Report ends......

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
If you want to do see sawing, there is normally a plank by the tail of the Wessex helicopter and you can pop that into a notch on the tail of the helicopter and seesaw to your hearts content there. I've done that when diving with Freeflow for some strange reason :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As you drop down the wall to the deep bit there's the gnomes. Not sure where in relation to the box itself as I didn't see it myself. I haven't explored that deep before in Stoney. I haven't seen the point in going that deep when it's as cold and dark as it is. But now of course I can say I've been there, maybe not explored it all, but I've been there.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
cheers for the comments steve ! was an ace day mate and one that i would like to do again !

ps i hope we can get that farnes trip on we spoke of too !

best wishes leigh :teeth:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts