YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Is somewhere else!
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of Plymouth with Aquanauts. That Dougie's almost becoming a nice bloke, old age must softening him. :D

The sea was dog rough for 2 of the 3 days so only got the camera wet on the last.
Eddistone and the JEL.

Moslty concentrating on using a strobe rather than anything like focus, or ideal ISO so they're a bit noisy and not quite on the spot, here's the better ones anyway. :)

·
No social integrator
4,457 Posts
Nice. Right I'm just off to copy them onto my website ....

Reactions: GSK

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
I already nicked them and said I took them on my blog "PV is ace with a camera"

Pah. You are getting good with that camera.

·
Spider Crabs can just f*ck off
16,005 Posts
Lovely, I like the first one best :)

And very nice to see you again, even if it was only briefly!

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Ollie,

did I mention the hire charge if you got any decent shots? Bring lots of money, beer and loose women.

Cheers, Chris

PS I'll give you a different address for the loose women. :D

·
Is somewhere else!
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Pete - Is cos I'm a numpty. I'd started trying to change the watermark to a C sign and must have unchecked the box or deleted it or something.
I feel a bit of a prat sticking a C of any sort on my pictures tbh, but I do agree with the principle behind it - it just feels a bit.......naff or something.

Lazlo - As long as its a website for laughing at shite photographers that are so up themselves that they watermark total crap I dont mind.
It's ok though, cos I only watermark in an ironic way :wink:

Kirstie - Lovely to see you too, even if you did have that worried look of "er.....do I know him.....I'll be nice but.....I dont know if I know him". Thats just the terrible price of fame and incredible glamour darling. :)

Uwila - no problem, do you want season 1, 2 or 3? Loose Women An odd request, but there's no accounting for taste. :D

I do like the 2nd to last one, It's quite busy with no strong focal point but full of depth. There's something I quite like about 2 and 3 as well, even though they're very flat.

ps. How can I get that C. symbol into the watermark dialogue box in LR? Any ideas?

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
I just use ( c ) but remove the spaces. Does the same thing. I also, when importing the photos, include (c) Gareth Lock in the metadata for copyright information, then tick 'Copyrighted', then when I export, it shows up :)

Regards

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
I just use ( c ) but remove the spaces. Does the same thing. I also, when importing the photos, include (c) Gareth Lock in the metadata for copyright information, then tick 'Copyrighted', then when I export, it shows up :)

Regards
On the D90, I have (C)Sean Arrowsmith set as the comment, so it gets applied to every single photo as I take it;)

Oli - you can apply metadata presets that are applied on import, these can fil out a lot of the boxes. Also, a good friend is the 'sync metadata' button;)

·
Is somewhere else!
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys, some of what you're saying is greek, but I'll have a play and see how much makes sense then.

Cheers
O

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
On the D90, I have (C)Sean Arrowsmith set as the comment, so it gets applied to every single photo as I take it;)
Funny that, so do I but it says (c) Gareth Lock :D

·
Team HPDW - 10/90 for the Boys
5,435 Posts
I'm no expert but it looks like the last photo has the diver kneeling on the floor. It smacks of shoddy training and I think the dive police should revoke the licence to dive of said "diver" ;)
Loving (in a well 'ard techie sense of the word) the nudie shot btw :D

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
I'm no expert but it looks like the last photo has the diver kneeling on the floor. It smacks of shoddy training and I think the dive police should revoke the licence to dive of said "diver" ;)
Loving (in a well 'ard techie sense of the word) the nudie shot btw :D
I think we should also remove all nudibranchs from the sea, as their total absence of buoyancy skills is appalling, and they must be destroying everything in sight. I vote we trawl them up. Or catch them on BBG skewers, as that would make photography easier:)

We could always try and trawl Stoney for students, then we we release the entire mess of divers on deck, there will be lots of kick to pick off. The students can go back in the water as bycatch.

I would suggest Vobbie, but the laser light gang might melt the nets with their 200000w HIDs.

Also, we are not likely to catch many CCR divers. They'll still be on the jetty trying to fix their 'unit';)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts