YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from the sunny Bahamas. I Didn't realize the time this group of pic's would take me to put on here. I must go to work now - hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed taking them.

This is a 25ft whaleshark we dived with a couple of weeks ago - I had always dreamed of the day.

These are Silky Sharks out in the tongue of the ocean - 6000ft of water.

A Seahorse swimming around my hand.

Stalactite in an Inland blue hole - depth 25mtr

A land crab on underwater beach in Stalactite BlueHole, depth 33mtr. Why is it there?

Mahi Mahi - this was also in the tongue of the ocean. I think we may have caught one or two that day, yummy!

A Flamingo Tongue devouring a gorgonian fan.

Jade checking out the Corals at the Burbs site.

Cheer's Paul.

·
This is my happy face!!
2,640 Posts
A classic example of how you can not like someone, without even meeting them!! :)

Lovely photos, Paul.

·
Notice my avatar. I am hard astern.
9,347 Posts
I'm there at the moment and it's PISSING down with rain!

·
No longer a Scapa Virgin
2,115 Posts
Excellent Photo's mate!

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Fantastic pic's, the Silkies in the Blue is incredible, as is the Seahorse :)

Saw my first Seahorse in Lanzaroti last week, not quite the same venue or as big, but hey i was impressed :)

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Nice one Paul, lovely pics. I WILL get out to see you at some point...!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Great images Paul, loved them all but especially 5 & 9

Best wishes
John

·
Notice my avatar. I am hard astern.
9,347 Posts
Have you thought about a Blackbeard's Cruise? It's cheap as chips and good fun if you are with a group who all know each other, and they get to places like the Berry Islands, Cay Sal Bank, and Bimini or North Andros depending on the weather. Just got back. If you really plead, I'll bore you with some pictures!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Shark Dive beats Coniston

So I'm guessing this beats Cold Dark Coniston then?

:D Nice photos.

Dave C
I've just got back from Providence island and Paradise Island in the Bahama's - they aint got anything like this - what fantastic photographs.
Mind you, if you want to see sharks and to have your camera chewed up, dive with Stuart Cove on Providence.
Watch this demolishing attack - YouTube - Sharks- Bahamas '06

Have fun, stay safe

p.s. if you have dived the lake district between Jan 2005 and now please read my post on the Ecology section and help if you can!! thanks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've just got back from Providence island and Paradise Island in the Bahama's - they aint got anything like this - what fantastic photographs.
Mind you, if you want to see sharks and to have your camera chewed up, dive with Stuart Cove on Providence.
Watch this demolishing attack - YouTube - Sharks- Bahamas '06

Have fun, stay safe

p.s. if you have dived the lake district between Jan 2005 and now please read my post on the Ecology section and help if you can!! thanks.
We just had 2 instructors of Stuart Coves here for a weeks diving and they felt the same way.

If any YDers want to come here I can get you a fantastic price - 2 for 1 if there's enough interest - PM me if you need more details. It would be so cool to dive with brits who understand that you don't need a helmet to play football !!

Cheer's Paul.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts