YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh how we laughed :D

So come on then is there anyone on here actually from Yorkshire, yes I know I have met a few of you but it seems Louise T hasn't, so hands up and make yourself known to Louise when you see her :)

I have met her and exchanged a couple of emails now and again, although I am obviously not from Yorkshire but just across the county boundary, I like her articles they make me laugh, but apparently we come across as tight wads :D

Louise said:
Perhaps "Yorkshire"refers to a state of mind - a scary proposition indeed, if you read some of the postings............ Who knows? But fair play to the site for persuading so many, from so far and wide, to take on the identity of Yorkshire Divers, I take my hood of to you.

·
Dive Ninja and now Trainee Kit-donkey
157 Posts
I've lived in yorkshire for the last four years and now it feels like home.

To be fair when i first found this site i found it strange that someone would create a forum only for divers from yorkshire. How wrong i was.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Not quite, just a couple of miles from North Yorkshire. In my younger days we were very envious of the Yorkshire licensing laws where last orders was 11pm whereas us poor County Durham souls had until 10.30 p.m. You could get caught in the rush of people heading south for an extra half hours drinking - reminds me of the Milligan novel Puckoon!!

Best wishes
John

·
Lord Protector of the Pies and Defender of the Bee
1,021 Posts
Despite sounding like Micheal Caine its now my adopted home of 15 years:)

·
Scallop serial killer
1,311 Posts
I've lived in Yorkshire for the last 10 years, and I have no intention of living anywhere else (bar somewhere nice and hot and abroad).

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yep Im a Yorkshirer Diver, born and living in Yorkshire. Chap I used to work with described a Yorkshire man as a Glaswegian with the generosity squeezed out of him

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I was born in County Durham then moved to Stockton on Tees when I was 24, but some git changed the boundary line so it was no longer in Yorkshire!
Have lived in Yorkshire proper for the last 9 years:) Love it!

·
it's life but not as we know it
92 Posts
I live in Wakefield and have done so for 24 years, moved away a couple of times but always end up coming back here :).

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
What else did she say - seeing as her fellow hack has dissuaded a number of us from reading the pamphlet in question?

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Ah were baaarn i' Bradford many moons ago and have lived in Yorkshire twice. But by 'eck, ah wouldn't g' back.

I'm a bit "careful" with money and I'm a plain talker so I retained the traits. My parents and grandparents were all from oop there, mostly from Howarth and Thornton.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
well i can honestly say fi im from yorkshire !

barnsley to be prescise !! gods own county lol!!! :teeth:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts