YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So very often, people post quickly (ok, me, usually :)), without always thinking about the precise wording. Then along comes a pedant to correct them. Well, I thought, as the Resident Pedant, Finless deserved a present.

Feel free to pass it on to whoever deserves the pedantry title :D

:D :D :D :D

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Hmmm... you can't look up her skirt :D
Well, excuse me, but it certainly looks like I can with the first 'pedant pendant' .......... which in itself is wrong because a pendant can't be a pedant but, I digress .... anyway, I'm convinced that by putting my head on the desk under the monitor and looking up I can see even more ............. I think .................. yes ................ some frilly underwear?

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, excuse me, but it certainly looks like I can with the first 'pedant pendant' .......... which in itself is wrong because a pendant can't be a pedant but, I digress .... anyway, I'm convinced that by putting my head on the desk under the monitor and looking up I can see even more ............. I think .................. yes ................ some frilly underwear?
I don't mean to be picky here, but you most certainly can have a 'Pedant Pendant in jsut the same way as you can have a 'Football trophy or a 'Sun Hat'
:tongue:

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
I don't mean to be picky here, but you most certainly can have a 'Pedant Pendant in jsut the same way as you can have a 'Football trophy or a 'Sun Hat' :tongue:
Well ................. I see your point (oo'er missus) but how a made up name actually becomes a recognisable ...................... well, you must enclose the 'pedant pendant' within quotation(?) marks.

·
I'm a country member
1,477 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.