YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I opened my Jan issue of Diver today only to find myself published (Nitrox mixing) on the letters page. Excuse me while I pause to breathe on my nails and polish them on my shirt.

In addition there is another item (unattributed about kit failure) which I had also started on D/Net and asked JB if he thought it worthwhile doing a survey.

Unless demand is high I will not be signing autographs.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Imported post

It isn't that hard to get in the dive mags. We used to in times past write letters to see who could get in that month for a laugh.
The trick was to pick a subject that was current, be slightly controversial but not off the wall and agree with whatever the mags/organisation viewpoint was.
 75% was about the success rate for getting the letter in and it was qiute a competition!

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

Did anyone notice a couple of months ago that the SAME letter was printed in both Dive and Diver? Think it even won a prize in one of them...

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It isn't that hard to get in the dive mags.
Oh, the pain, the pain.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]We used to in times past write letters to see who could get in that month for a laugh.
The trick was to pick a subject that was current, be slightly controversial but not off the wall and agree with whatever the mags/organisation viewpoint was.
 75% was about the success rate for getting the letter in and it was qiute a competition!
Ah, but I was PICKED from relative obscurity by those wanting the benefits of my insight, wisdom, intellect, humanity, thigh slapping manliness, debonair and dashing good looks. Oh I nearly forgot - humility.

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rob Evans @ Dec. 17 2003,11:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I won't be changed by fame
Pity, you could do with changing.  Bored of the old one.
Listen Robybod - don't pick on me or I will tell everyone how you stay at home of an evening scratching your YBOD case to make you look hard on the dive boat.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

Nah, spend all evening getting hard looking at YBOD case.  Whilst dreaming of being on the dive boat (bloody weather).

Anyway, that's a vicious lie. Enny fule no that those scratches are genuine scars from battles with sea-monsters. Which I won.

Coat round here somewhere.

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

is there anyone on here who hasnt been in a dive mag ? <Grin>
jules
pictured page 28 of decembers Diver mag

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

I might have been quoted and named in the past but modesty prevents me from saying too much  

Daz

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

That beachcomber tosser's come close a few times, but so far I've managed to remain anonymous.:)

I agree with the sentiments, but every time I read that column I find myself thinking of new and inventive ways to insert his crisp cracklies.  My interpretation of a crisp crackly being a large eviscerating firework that goes 'Crackle' just as his anus spreads itself halfway across Sussex. What an utter twat.

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rob Evans @ Dec. 18 2003,18:55)]That beachcomber tosser's come close a few times, but so far I've managed to remain anonymous.:)

I agree with the sentiments, but every time I read that column I find myself thinking of new and inventive ways to insert his crisp cracklies.  My interpretation of a crisp crackly being a large eviscerating firework that goes 'Crackle' just as his anus spreads itself halfway across Sussex. What an utter twat.
Just wait till I forward your reply to him.

I can't believe you did not get a fine for over acrobatic and a possibly dangerous entry technique off a hard boat on the YBOD weekend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.