YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

As I mentioned a couple of days ago, I tried out twin 12's for the first time this week.

When diving with a single, my SAC averages 23 l/min. My first two twin 12 dives (at similar levels of exertion), I was at 19 l/min. Why might this be - has anyone else experienced something similar?

Cheers
Gary

PS - happy new year to all on YD

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Nothing else changed..... and using a bunch of similar dives as Horsea as a sensible benchmark.

Just using the standard formula, plugging in the average depth for the dive.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

It's highly likely that, because you knew you had shedloads of gas with the twinset, you were more relaxed for the dive and therefore breathed less.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Imported post

I'm thinking better trim as well.  When diving with my twins, I'm a little head heavy because of the manifold which puts me in a very horizontal position.  With a single, it feels like I have nothing on so I find that many times I'm actually a little head up.

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
Imported post

What Dom said.

It happened to me when I switched to twins a couple of months ago. I always used to be, well not worried, but watching my air and now I don't have to.

Laters,
   Janos

PS - I do still monitor my air, but you know what I mean

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I dont think i have ever come up with less than about 75 bar in each 10 (including to 45m and about 15 mins deco).  But then im a girl (breathe less) and i swear someone way back in my ancestry got a bit funny with a dolphin.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>So Porg where is you blowhole then
? ? ? ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts