YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't often post reports, as I put them on my website, so here is the link to my diving website. I posted it mainly as I feel that I have been lucky in my diving and usually always have amazing dives. Dover was a wake up call as 3 of the 6 I did were not too great.....just like they are sometimes.

I also posted it because I had a real shitter of a dive today, and as well as ditching £100 worth of gear, I was quite scared too. Luckily, diving with the sort of people I choose to has taught me to keep a clear head, so thanks to Matty, Ali, Trebor, Paul Oliver, Keith Henson and Laz in particular as I have kept my head today where I suppose I would have lost it before.

http://jason.neilus.googlepages.com/april2007

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Scary but calm. Well done Jason. Can I ask that you post the 'Mayday Mayday...' bit in the "I Learned About Diving from That..." forum please as there are plenty of lessons that people can learn from including the ones you have identified. :)

Thanks and well done for at least staying calm about it.

Regards

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
I don't often post reports, as I put them on my website, so here is the link to my diving website. I posted it mainly as I feel that I have been lucky in my diving and usually always have amazing dives. Dover was a wake up call as 3 of the 6 I did were not too great.....just like they are sometimes.

I also posted it because I had a real shitter of a dive today, and as well as ditching £100 worth of gear, I was quite scared too. Luckily, diving with the sort of people I choose to has taught me to keep a clear head, so thanks to Matty, Ali, Trebor, Paul Oliver, Keith Henson and Laz in particular as I have kept my head today where I suppose I would have lost it before.

Aquatopia - April 2007

Smart and logical progresion from cluster f#ck right up to sucessfull dive plan. Good work, well done.

You are now officialy on my real life event aproved dive buddy list :D

But for christ sake get some nitrox and stop hanging about on deco you tight [email protected]

ATB

Mark Chase

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Smart and logical progresion from cluster f#ck right up to sucessfull dive plan. Good work, well done.

You are now officialy on my real life event aproved dive buddy list :D

But for christ sake get some nitrox and stop hanging about on deco you tight [email protected]

ATB

Mark Chase

I thank you for your comments!!

As for the EANx.....I have been on it for the last few months now.....I just need to start figuring out why my tables make me stay soooooooo long.

Admittedly today I ran the Vytec which I know pads them big time....so I think gauge mode is coming for me.

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Jay, can you remember exactly where you were when you cut away the blob?

Because Janos and l will be diving that wreck in a few weeks :D

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Midships, near a toilet.

The blob had gone somehwere ........god knows where, and there was line everywhere.

My spool is most likely on the starboard side near a little opening, wrapped in mono.

if you find them I want them back!!! (beer, of course paid as a finder's fee)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts