YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just another day in the office...

I finished work two weeks ago and have came over to Mallorca to do a DM Internship, this is the view from the normal dive site (Bonaire, The Bridge)

Not your average office, but better than sitting in the glass buildings staring out onto the River Clyde.

Yeah, I arrived on Tuesday morning and been grafting ever since, dont think Ive noticed when the actual day ends or starts, it seems to be all hours.

There are loads of really nice folk here, Dave & Jan that own Scuba Med, Alex (ms), Matt, Julie, Laura (YD Looby), Miguel & we are awaiting another person tonight (michelle).
Some doing Instructor Internships, some like me doing DM.

This week, Ive held the hands of a mother and daughter on a DSD (Discover Scuba Diving), Ive been battered over the head with a cylinder as I was finning under a round person that his weight belt wouldnt stay on, so I had to fin underhim and hold the weight belt up whilst the Instuctor rode him like a horse and got the weight belt tightned, we have cleaned, washed, tidied so much kit. Ran around all over canpic at hotels doing try dives, picking up customers and trying to convert them to become part of the YD community.

Waters warm at 19-20oC, the Viz is variable, somewhere between 25 metres and infinity, lovely shoals of bream, antheas and some nice cuttle fish.

Having a blast, working long hours but it sure is better than sitting behind a desk.

Davie

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wooo, almost forgot,Purple Vonny you are a star, what a brilliant summer I am going to have and its all your fault! :present: :teeth:

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
Sounds like you are having fun, however I should imagine the "round person" might have been a little on the stressed side.

However the photos would make for a good caption competion.

I dont think that was the kinda 3sum he was hoping for out there either

·
It doesn't look like that from where I'm sitting..
4,745 Posts
Did Davie say something??

If he did...

[fingers in ears mode - ON]

I'M NOT LISTENING.....LA LA LA LA LA LA ....

[fingers in ears mode - OFF]

Anyway, the view looks sh1t.:angel:

Pete

G

·
Well it's nice to know that you've finally started real work, after all the years sitting around in offices, getting paid for not very much !!!!!!!!

Ohh, and I agree with Ding, the view's rubbish, I'd rather be looking at the Strathclyde park lake :)

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Looks great - quite a big step to take - well done :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
365 Posts
I was in Mallorca the other week and it was fekin HOT. Enjoy the summer ya bam its pissing doon in Glasgow. Ah well back to the office on Monday staring whistfully out at the Clyde and Dumbarton Rock.

·
tell it like it is
283 Posts
count yourself lucky ye had an office window to leave behind.
30 feet from my nearest window, stuck in the middle of an open plan with nobody talking about diving... well except me!!:embarassed:

ya lucky bam davie, have a good one & lets see some pics soon. :wink:

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
I'm glad you're having fun Davie! Oh, the joy of DSDs. I've swum upside down under many a salad dodger to fasten their weight belt!! Say Hi to Miguel and lovely Laura! I look forward to seeing more pictures too, especially of the nights out. :) x

1 - 14 of 14 Posts