YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Right,

The weather looks absolutely fine. SW all week and it's even promising not to rain.

Anybody for a splash at Dive site X?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Gav you smooth talking barsteward, I'll been fancying it all week.. (Abbs I mean) so I'm picking up my suit Saturday, testing it at the Cape Saturday afternoon and I'll then make my way to Abbs Sunday..

Anyone from my way wanna car share??  

·
T.L.S. More dives than posts
688 Posts
Imported post

Poo Poo Poo Poo Poo I'm working this wekend,God aren't shifts awful,:moon: another four to do before my 18 days off.:laugh:
Then the weekends are spoken for but midweek might be a goer:thumb:.
Kev W

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Gav,

I'm just checking accommodation now and when I've secured that I'll give Billy a shout to see if Davey and I can get on the boat for Sunday with you.

More when I have it.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Damn! wish this had been posted earlier this week before I offered my services to my old club (who have a big back-log of trainees) so it looks like I'll be in Abbs Saturday diving off Peter Gibson's boat, maybe doing the Glanmire, however keep an eye out for me as I will be looking for the more convivial company of YD-ers in the surface interval  

Chee-az
Steve

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Sounds like it's all coming together ....

Steve, how many you got on Gibbo's boat for Saturday on the Glanmire?

Looks like Saturday will be me and Drifty then Sunday will be me, Willo and Bren anymore boys and girls?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Someone else is putting it together so I'll mail them to ask, at present there are seven names on the list he sent me but there should be one other getting added, I'm guessing PGs boat carries 12 so still should be some room, I'll get back to you when I hear from the other guy
Steve

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

I've spoken to Billie this afternoon.

Davey and I are booked into Billie's B&B for Saturday night - result (Davey, keep your hands to yourself, you slut!). Billie has another group of about 11 from Matclock (Derbyshire way) booked onto the boat and accom'd in the Bunkhouse and Cottage. So Davey, Gav et al might be on the second boat shuttle.

Billie reports that there has been no adverse weather to stir up the viz ("last weekend was excellent and this weekend looks to be very much the same").

Dave and I plan to ge there circa 14.00 to 15.00 hrs on Saturday afternoon so we can get a dive in and then do three on the Sunday.

Large it.

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Great... I think about a dive trip and then get invaded by two closet homosexuals who only go diving to keep their dark secret from their respective spouses.

WHY CAN'T THEY BE GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

How do you know Dave isn't?  

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Well now you come to mention it...

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Apparently there are a couple of spaces for Saturday from PGs boat and the trip is organized  with the intention of diving the Glanmire, slack is believed to be around 9am (ye godz!) so it'll be an earlier meet (I'm going to have to leave newcastle about 6am groan....

Gav & Drifty, if you're interested I'll need a yay or nay before 4pm so I can let the guy knwo who is organizing the boat
Chee-az
Steve

Weather forcast does indeed look good  

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I've just left a message on Drifty's mobie but I'm deffo up for it.

If Drifty is not gonna go for it would you have a spare buddy for me?

Otherwise I'll just drag his ass kickin' and screamin'

Shame about the early start  - I'll have to leave before 8.00am  

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>At the moment I'm buddyless, I was expecting to be taking some level of trainee from my old club, prob someone SD going on DL, but there's been some confusion along the way.

So at the moment you can buddy with me or if Drifty comes we could do a three,  this way we get another chance to see if we can finish a dive together  

I keep you posted
Steve

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>That's a date then ... I'll get to Abbs by 8.30 at the latest - Drifty might leave the Glanmire out and then come out for a later dip or two. I'll let you know.

Woo and Yay - good weather, The Glanmire and I'll make sure I stick with you this time.

Bring your big torch and I'll be able to see you from Denmark

·
Resident Princess & 'Ned Redresser'
194 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>Can't let you boys have all the fun.  I think I'll come along on Sunday to make sure you don't get into bother  

After last week though, not too keen on going on Peter G's boat - would far prefer Billy's. 

See you Sunday lads!

Fi  

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Stevie,

Me and Drifty are coming on Saturday morning and the boy is ready for the delights of the Glanmire.

What time do we need to be there for - my thought is about 8.30 ready to be on the boat for 8.50 on the wreck for 9ish?

That make sense?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts