YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
13.05.2012 QPRmageddon Day
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question for the more knowledgeable amongst you.
I m working in Aberdeen for 4 weeks from June 18th, normally Mon-Fri come back w/ends.
Is it feasible for me to get to Scapa if I decide to stay up for a w/end.
Failing this are there any good sites/clubs in Aberdeen that ll make taking my kit up worthwhile.
I thank you:)

·
dedicated shirker
1,052 Posts
well if you want to get to scapa from aberdeen there are ferries most days to orkney. i think it takes around 13 hours each way though as for diving around aberdeen. go to Opening... the guys there meet up in shop every sat morning around 9 am and decide where to go. all divers made welcome. am off to cyprus in morning but when i get back give me a shout as i might be able to help ya a bit more :angel: ps. am due home on 17 th so shout if ya need help

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
The ferry crossing from Scrabster is only a couple of hours and Scrabster is about 5 hours drive from Aberdeen, so that might be worth checking out.

·
dedicated shirker
1,052 Posts
aye the drive is ok but its a bugger of a road hardly any duel carrageways and full of my fellow truckers holding you all up all the time hehe:angel:

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
If you fancy a west coast trip (glasgow ish) im back home from 23rd June for a couple of weeks. Plenty sites over this side and only 2 and a bit hrs drive from Aberdeen.

·
beware of limitations
3,443 Posts
Wouldn't you be better going cross-country and doing something like the depths of Loch Fyne? That way you can tell me if its worth it before I make the treck:D. I like the idea of 50+M on a shore dive.

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you're thinking on staying a weekend or two why not try out my local dive haunts here in the Moray Firth. Only an hour and a half from Aberdeen.

It's got it all, wrecks,scenic, ranges from 10-100+
Moray Diving
Give Bill a call to see if he's got any space on Top Cat.
We will also be out during the evenings by then.

·
13.05.2012 QPRmageddon Day
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Col
That looks like an option too. I d probably stay maybe two out of the four w/ends and obviously night dives would be an option too.
Gareth, thanks for your offers on the Glasgow side, I used to work there all the time years ago and never bothered to check out the dives:frown:
I ll take you up on your offer later on in the year for a weekend if that s ok?
Cheers
Lee

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
Thanks Col
That looks like an option too. I d probably stay maybe two out of the four w/ends and obviously night dives would be an option too.
Gareth, thanks for your offers on the Glasgow side, I used to work there all the time years ago and never bothered to check out the dives:frown:
I ll take you up on your offer later on in the year for a weekend if that s ok?
Cheers
Lee
Yep just gimme a shout if im home your more than welcome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts