YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Right then. I've had a few PMs etc. and so far my team sheet looks like this:

At mine:
Mark Davies
MDemon
Adrian Kelland
Doug?
[email protected] + 1
Timing
Andy2tanks + 1
Chris Hall
Dave crampt + 1

This is all on a first come, first served

Now, the travelodge thingy of mythical nature has been reccied, and it's a travelinn. Now, anyone fancying a nice warm and comfy bed for the night needs to go to
B&B innkeepers thingy where they can book by credit card etc. The lodge you're looking for is Wollaton Park, Nottingham. Their phone no is 0115 922 1691. It's £52.50 for the  room for the night, with up to 2 people in a room.

Hope this helps.

Digs.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>OK, you're on the list. 2tanks and his missus are down now too.

You'll need a sleeping bag and an airbed or similar unless you plan on getting really drunk, or going home with someone else

And any more of that half-drunk talk and you'll be tried under YD law for not getting into it enough!

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Ok I'll bring the sleeping bag just in case you lot don't get me totally hammered!

Go home with somebody else? what, with the palatial accomodation on offer....

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>hehe digs you know you are going to end up with 35 people all sleeping in your house........gods what will that smell like first thing in the morning??

Hehe, i recall you breathing on the cat at new year...poor beastie

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Porg @ Jan. 05 2004,21:21)]Hehe, i recall you breathing on the cat at new year...poor beastie
<font color='#000080'>I don't think tinkerbell will ever be the same you deserve all you get  

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>The little shite put its arse in my face! I don't need that with a hangover!

Just in case anyone was thinking of coming near me when I'm hungover, I'll breathe on you. I will. And it's really really bad.
 I think the cat nearly lost its footing on my airbed.

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

I remember wakeing, still pissed, in a mates flat when five of us had been on real ale all day in Edinburgh. I went for a slash, as you do, and when I opened the door to go back into the room - I couldn't! It was disgusting, that's why I married a woman, far less male than men.

James  

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Right then, my place is filling up pretty quick, is there anyone else Nottingham based on the boards that could help out with beds/a floor?

We can sort something, I'm just thinking about how comfortabel it's going to be if we get many more looking for accommodation at mine!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Imported post

If this is getting to big why not try and find a Venue, somewhere like the Mill on the Soar 5 mins from stoney £35 per room 3 or even 4 to a room..  Just a suggeston there may be a hotal in Nottingham that would do the same kinda deal...  As its a YD thing would be nice to stick together rather than 50 people on a pub crawl..  Or will we all fit in Diggers house.

Sean

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>We're tryign to keep everyone as close as possible. The innkeepers place is 2 people in a room for £50, it's the best I can do as far as I can see.

At the moment  think we've catered for a fair few, and should be able to get it sorted for everyone to be within 5 minutes of each other.

To try and get everyone in one house just isn't going to happen. the other thing is that there's more guys than just the YD guys to come along, as the uni club will be out in force I suspect. There will be too many of us to keep in one place. What we'll probably do is start in one pub and then jus go to a few different ones. No major pub-crawl, but at least 4 or 5 in each!

·
Never enough time!!!!
86 Posts
Imported post

Coming all on my lonesome and don't take up much room, feet don't smell (much) and I don't fart too loudly - the quiet ones I'm proud of I'll own up to.
Will kip anywhere I can get my head down - would prefer not to pay loads for accommodation but will do if push comes to shove...  sleeping bag and mat will be in the boot anyway!!

Any offers?

John

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>John, PM me and I'll try and sort you out.

Other thing is that I've now spoken to the pub, and they want £50 for the room for the night. I suggest we go for £1 each to get in, which with the uni guys there too should work out fine. Any leftovers can go to the RNLI as with the coal. They're doing a buy 3 get the 4th free on pints of the usual for us, and we've got our own bar and pool table, as well as the usual seating area and all the rest. Sound reasonable to everyone? I've got to put a deposit down soon, so any objections please let me know.

·
Never enough time!!!!
86 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>PM sent...

£1 each then a free pint for every 3?  sounds like a bargain deal mate

How much you want off of us for the coal? Or would you prefer us to just turn up with some bbq food and a bag of briquets? If everyone did that then you'd have enough coal for a bbq every week in the year!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Imported post

Digger,

If you have 35 people staying in your house...don't forget their gear....I wouldn't want mine left in a car overnight....especially if you're daft enough to have a dive sticker in your car window...INVITATION.

That means your house will be stuffed....can you post the pictures after the event please...

Hope you have a good YD bash...wish I could make it too.

Best regards.

Graham

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>A tight fit, I believe is the phrase. Gear will go somewhere. Probably the kitchen. We can pile bags high somewhere. Floor space is my primary consideration, and I think I'm about to run out of that.

Photos are guaranteed.

John, coal I think we're working on an I'm providing it, and everyne jut chips in as they put their food on my BBQ. Extra (which we're bound to have!) will go to the RNLI. It's bring your own food, as I can't work out who will and won't be eating, how much to get for everyone, and there's no guarantee I'll get my money back. Too many problems to deal with if I try and provide.

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Imported post

That's the best plan Digger mate - DIY.  I'll chip in for the coal and I'm sure everyone else will too.

By the way, your Uni mates - are they just blokes?

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Don't be silly! As I pointed out the other day, it's a highly conspicuous fact that all Digger's diving contacts are young women. The boy's not daft!

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Well, there are a few boys coming to spoil it, but I'm currently marketing the day towards the ladies. Most of the girls are mentioning things like bloody cold water, and hundreds of men like Nitrox. Oh dear. Seems the YD banner goes before us.

We can always harass women at the site, there must be some little fittie down there for one reason or another. Yay!

Oh, and the pub might have some students in it on the evening, who we can cordially invite to our do. Only the ladies, mind. The uni lot may well come along in fairly reasonable numbers too. Feel free to talk to them like they're human beings, many of them aren't students any more, and have started paying tax. I'll never make that mistake!!! Student forever!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts