YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hello all,

I tought of doing this post as I tought might be interesting. First of all it's nice to add a face with an avatar. I will start with mine, sorry for the ladies who may be disappointed  
 Also I know Mark Chase, Bob Cooper and I think others from some pics here but would be nice to know whom your are chatting with. Eg me I use an Avatar and a code name GASMLT but also sign in my name ,now my face.

What you think, do you like the idea or prefer to remaine as you are and why?

Regards

Pierreg Farrugia

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

I take it you were found not guilty Pierre
 The nearest I've got to me is;

I'm the handsome chap second from left.(Smoking the ubiquotis cigarette) Sh*t, I just reminded myself that I havn't had one for 3 days, 12hrs, 26mins and 33, 34, 35 secs

Peter

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

like to use my own name and face and jay kindly turned a photo into an avatar for me. Like Pierre i think it gives you a sense of who you are talking to. It's great when you have met these people for real and dived with them. PEter K is much more handsome than his picture though! (that'll be  a fiver...) and i am smilier than mine especially when I have been diving.
jules  

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

It might stop those lovely moments upon meeting someone like I had with a certain Mr K...

Picture the scene...bunkhouses at the Farnes.....me dragged out of bed in my pj's where I was having a wee kip before tea after a very early start...

John G:  Lou, this is Peter K, Peter this is Lou

Lou:  Hi Peter

Peter: I thought you would be blonde....!

Lou: *stunned silence*

Not sure what I should have made of that really!  

Never did find a witty reply, but I will get him back somehow.

Lou

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Helloooooo ladies,
                      Awww shucks Jules. If you look North you'll see the sky lit up from my glowing with embarassment cheeks.

Lou, Yes, I do have a habit of conversation stoppers. I just surmised from your avatar that you have a blonde kind of face. Don't know why!!!

Peter(cuter in real life)K

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Julia C @ Sep. 28 2003,17:18)]PEter K is much more handsome than his picture though!
What are you on Jules? it must be pretty strong.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (diving dude @ Sep. 28 2003,20:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Julia C @ Sep. 28 2003,17:18)]PEter K is much more handsome than his picture though!
Don't knoe Dude, but I'll be giving her a couple of Slippery Nipples in Lochaline. Isn't that right Jules?

Peter

·
Charter Boat Skipper, Salvage Diver & YBOD abuser
1,605 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Happy to oblige, Pierre  

Unlike Tibbs though, my avatar is not really a good likeness  

ATB,
Terry

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

That's me. Except I was 18 when that photo was taken, and I'd had a really nice bout of food poinsoning for a few days. Didn't stop me diving!

I'm much more mellow now, having settled into another few years of drinking Stella. She is my friend now. We got off to a bad start, but it's going ok now she understands that drinking shots isn't cheating on her, just making sure she's the one for me.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

I'm the guy just behind Louise T, still regretting a drunken decision to shave my barnet off the night before.  Still, my extra long left arm put a smile on her face...

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Sep. 28 2003,20:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (diving dude @ Sep. 28 2003,20:46)]
[b said:
Don't knoe Dude, but I'll be giving her a couple of Slippery Nipples in Lochaline. Isn't that right Jules?

Peter
I have yet to find out what is in those cocktails peter. Since I have zero tolerance to alcohol ( as demonstrated by that home brewed wine on the last gig) I might just stick to my half of lager shandy.

If you dont mean cocktails then we should take this conversation offline with a bottle of baby oil! LOL

Really girls, Peter is a bit of a sweetie just waiting for  a lovely girl to snap him up.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]a lovely girl to snap him up
Nessie or a great white?

He's even more horrible in real life, stinks like an old ash tray, weezes lie a busted rugby ball and if that doesnt stop him smoking I'll have to think off something else.

Well done Peter keep it up mate, you know you can do it and it will be soooo worth while. It will improve your sex appeal hugely.

Matt

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Hi

Well my Avtar is me, and its only a year old. I will admit it was a close thing me getting into that suit, its neck entry ya know, it was a hot day and i had a couple of hundred people watching.

The bright sunlight appears to have caused a bit of an optical illusion wheras my hair seems to have disapeared. Bloody digital cameras.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

l'm not sure if you lot are ready to see the real me yet!

l'll post a picky soon,  when l do guys keep ya bitches away from da 'putor and girlies- sit down, just in case, it'll be for your own health.

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Ya not gonna be wearing that hood , are you , Howard ,,,,

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tibbs @ Sep. 28 2003,21:18)]I do actually look like my avatar...

Chris
Me to - after a night out I look even worse!

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ Oct. 07 2003,10:17)]Ya not gonna be wearing that hood , are you , Howard ,,,,
Or that suit!

Peter

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Guys

Howards Hood is pure quality, i am thinking about getting one myself.:D

Paul

1 - 20 of 51 Posts