YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I know things are a bit manic at the moment with the new board in place and problems to resolve but when things settle down would it be worth considering some additional forums.

Two spring to mind as starters.

For Sale/ Wanted - All things for sale or wanted including equipment, training etc.

DIY - For DIY projects, ideas and questions (Dive related not home decorating !!!)

I realise these forums exist in other places but I quite like having everything under one place (ie. YD)

Comments ?

Daz

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Imported post

I'm up for that!  There are loads of DIY topics knocking about, and having them in one place would make life easier for those wanting to have a crack for themselves.  It would also make a nice archive of projects...

DIY also makes diving more accessible - some people can't afford (won't pay for!) new stuff which can be made at home.

Good suggestion.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Well with a sig. like that I guess it was a fair bet I would have one supporter  

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Makes you wonder why he hasn't signed up to the scubadiy mailing list tho ;)

I'm not sure about adding even more boards: the more you split a site up, the less posting you get to each board, and the more effort it is to go through all the topics.

There's plenty of different boards here already, both For Sale and DIY are Equipment-based matters and could comfortably sit in the Equipment board. I only have the energy to look at four or five of the fifteen boards here as it is, adding even more wouldn't really add to the site.

Despite rumours to the contrary, I don't want to spend the WHOLE day just checking for posts of message boards

·
Registered
147 Posts
Imported post

Trouble is with this DIY thing, some people take it just toooooooooo far.....

DIY Dive Boat

Cheers

Mark

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Sounds like another poll on its way, how about a poll forum where we could see what to vote on next!
No seriously I like the idea Daz.

Mark, give Bob a few lessons will you, you seem to be fairly up to speed on DIY webbing.

Matt

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#2929b7'>I’ve got it all sorted Matt. Font colours-pic on me profile-add in website addresses-add in similes. Next thing is to sort out the TV remote.

YD in a tub, nice one.Like it.

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dominic @ Mar. 04 2003,15:46)]Makes you wonder why he hasn't signed up to the scubadiy mailing list tho ;)

Despite rumours to the contrary, I don't want to spend the WHOLE day just checking for posts of message boards
There's a mailing list? Oh dear, more time spent in front of a screen...  Go on then, what's the link...

I'm sympathise with you Dominic - checking new posts now means everything is bundled up together.  I'd like to see the new posts sortable by forum.  I do think DIY projects are worth keeping though - they are not the usual "conversations", and contain info that should still be useful in the future.  Therefore, they should be archived somehow, and to keep it simple, the best way of doing this would be to have a specific DIY forum.  Saves everyone repeating themselves too!

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Seadart Mark @ Mar. 03 2003,17:41)]Trouble is with this DIY thing, some people take it just toooooooooo far.....

DIY Dive Boat

Cheers

Mark
<font color='#000080'>Mark,  Good work...

Also makes it easy to wash the kit off...  

Daz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts