YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm thinking about doing advanced nitrox or rec trimix + deco procedures course. Was wondering where would the best place to do it be. I am fairly limited in where i can go as i have no car at uni. Basically i could do it in stoney or anywhere in Northern Ireland and i suppose southern Ireland if i thought the drive would be worth it. Has anyone got any recommendations? Is there much difference between the different agencies on these courses? Or should i be more worried about the instructor?

Thanks Rhys

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
If you can get to Stoney easily then do it there - there are loads of instructors from lots of different agencies who regularly train there so you'll have loads of choice.
I'd say pick an instructor that's been recommended by someone you trust rather than the agency (unless one course gives something specific you want) - all the Tech agencies will qualify you to use/buy 100% O2.

I did mine with an instructor I didn't know and it wasn't a great experience... :mad:

·
MIFLEX DIR = "Did It Rupture"??
3,737 Posts
I see you live in Loughborough and I seem to recall there is a new "Technical Instructor" that lives in that vicinity who can also be found selling gear on Ebay...

Cant seem to recall his name right now, but I am sure someone may assist.....:D:D:D

Reactions: 12480

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
For NI - aquaholics up in Portstweart do technical training inc trimix, its dsat but im sure tec 45 or similar is equivalent to adv nitrox. If you do the course on the mainland then Mark Powell is very good IMO.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
You could go to DV Diving with Dave Vincent in N Ire, which is what I did :D

Or go to Dive 24-7 in Tenerife with Dave Carson and good weather ;)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You could go to DV Diving with Dave Vincent in N Ire, which is what I did :D

Or go to Dive 24-7 in Tenerife with Dave Carson and good weather ;)
Think i had a chat with Dave last year, didnt realise they did tech stuff. Might have to look into that.

Thanks for the help everyone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts