YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I have just returned from Sharm after undertaking our Advanced Mixed Gas CCR MOD3 course. We completed our Mod 1&2 courses in the lake district during successive January's, but following the retirement of our instructor we decided warmer waters were called for.
After some research I decided on Tekstreme at Emperor Divers. A few e-mails later Aaron Bruce at Tekstreme had our course organised and all we had to do was get our gear to Sharm. Thompson Fly allowed us to take unlimited watersports equipment for £60 return per item. We put as much heavy gear as possible into a case which weighed in at 27 Kg. This worked well and we had no problems at the check in desk when I produced the prebooked luggage confirmation.
On arrival in Sharm we were presented with our theory reading for the course and decided to do a days diving to get used to the unit in wet suits and brush up on drills.
The next day the four day course started proper. Each day we carried out gradually deeper dive plans with either planned or surpise drills. Following each dive, after we had collected our thoughts, Aaron would carry out a review of the dive, discuss our performance and the lessons learned. Aaron proved to be an excellent instructor, very laid back, underwater he is calm and confident, on the surface he debated the issues and involved us to the point where we almost felt as if we were coming up with the solutions on our own. Each evening we hit the books to brush up our knowledge ready for the theory exam which proved to be very thorough and focussed on the practical aspects of deep diving. After completion of the course we went for a deep fun dive and Aaron took time out to accompany us.
Despite our many years of diving experience the week proved to be very challenging and enjoyable. Aaron and the team at Emperor divers were first class and made every effort to ensure we enjoyed the experience.
Highlight of the week diving Thomas Canyon on the final day of the course, awesome.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Congratulations and thanks for sharing. Actually, I am thinking about doing my MOD 3 in Sharm, too. Good to know that you have been happy with Aaron's course.

Regards
Alex

1 - 3 of 3 Posts