YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just completed day 1 of our 2 day Bsac Advanced nitrox couse. at kingston, on route to vobster now. Everyone passed the theory, so just the practical tomorrow. Can recommend this course, its certainly more informative than the padi one I did last year. Fingers x for tomorrow.
Safe diving.

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Just completed day 1 of our 2 day Bsac Advanced nitrox couse. at kingston, on route to vobster now. Everyone passed the theory, so just the practical tomorrow. Can recommend this course, its certainly more informative than the padi one I did last year. Fingers x for tomorrow.
Safe diving.

What even Roy ?

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
its certainly more informative than the padi one I did last year.
Yeah, but in fairness, the PADI course is a basic Nitrox course, not the same as the BSAC advanced, and IMO the PADI basic is better than the BSAC basic Nitrox. In the BSAC Adv Nitrox course you cover stage cylinders and Decompression, so it is a different course, it's well.... more advanced than a basic course.

All the best for the dives part, I hope all goes well.

·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well weve just completed day two at Vobster. Course finished,and all Dover BSAC club members having come away with a new qualification. This course was in no way a tick in the box for turning up, the skills review sorted the group out. Although not earth shatteringly difficult, boyancy control, mid water dsmb deployment, regulator switching and observing the MOD were high on the list. To sum up a fantastic weekend, great instructors and a great outcome. Looks as though ill have to invest in a stage cylinder now, more expence lol.
In summary a very usefull course, giving the ability to add an increased safety margin to deco dives by using an higer mix deco gas.

Safe diving all
Roger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts