YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi all
just a quick question to ask if ayone can recommend some good dive operators and/or sites in Argentina. I'm planning on going there for a coulpe of months this summer.
Any replies gratefully received
Ben

·
Registered
228 Posts
Imported post

I met an Argentine instructor on my hols in Costa Rica recently. I asked him if there was any good diving there and he said "no, it's very cold". It was 37 degrees in CR, so make of it what you will.

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>ermmmmmmmm they use conscripts and lost big time in ' 82

·
Registered
19 Posts
Imported post

Forget the Argentine, go and dive in The Falklands. it's beautiful, completly unspoilt, rarely dived, fanstastic marine life and good vis... there is a couple of local divers there, but also a squaddie BSAC (i think) club at Mount Pleasant. and if that is not enough to entice you, all the drink is VAT free!

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ May 04 2004,14:13)]ermmmmmmmm they use conscripts and lost big time in ' 82
<font color='#000080'>He he..

Could try the General Belgrano. Apparantely it's westward facing coz it was sailing away from the fleet and wasn't a threat, honest guv..  

Sorry, not really helpful was it..

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

"Advance on Argentina"?!

It was tried in a stripped-down Chinook (suicide mission to bomb the shit out of the Argy mainland military airports) - they had to 'put down' (and then torched the beast) in Chile.

It was one of the more hair-brain schemes given to the Regiment when DLB was DSF; he was after a repeat quick-kill 'spectacular' after the glaring success of the Pebble Island raid; needless to day, the 'Blades' involved were not best pleased.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts