YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to diving, passed my open water at the start of April.
I am now looking at getting my own kit and have seen a very good price on a Scubapro Geo BCD.

I can not see me diving more than once a month/couple of months in the UK but hopefully diving abroad at least once a year.

My question, is the Geo ok for diving in the uk as well as using on holidays ?

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
Is the Geo the ultralight travel BCD?

I don't have one, I have the Cressi Flex (travel BCD that weighs 1.8kg - wafer thin material). I did around 50 dives in less than a month with it, and it still looks brand new.

What I am saying is don't let the fact that it is a travel BCD put you off. Obviously, it's not going to last as long as a 'normal' BCD. However, your anticipated usage 'should' be no problem, unless you are dragging your kit over rocks.

I had a Scubapro Glide 1000 (middle of the range BCD - now discontinued) and it took about 1500 dives (3 years full time teaching abroad) to kill it properly, although it was a proper rag when I was finished with it.

BTW welcome to the forum.

I wonder how long until somebody says to get a Backplate and one piece harness:)

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
I've never seen one but I just googled a video and it looks sound. Lightweight enough for travel and robust and straight forward for UK diving. If it fits, feels comfortable and you are happy with it, then it will be OK. If you get it and don't like it, bung it on Ebay!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replys.
I was just a bit worried about the BCD having a soft backplate for the tank.
The deal is on ebay but its a local dive shop selling it so I can go an try it on first but with my typical luck the buy it now price has gone up by £20 since the weekend !!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, the review sounds good.

The deal was £129.95 but has now go up to £149.95 which still seems a good price.
I am going to have a look at and try on the BCD at the weekend and hope the price doesnt rise any higher by then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts