YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of changing from an Ali 7L to Ali 80 for various reasons. I seem to remember a thread a while ago detailing Ali 80 weighting characteristics with different gas pressures but I can't find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction or to any info regarding this please.

Many thanks,

Ian

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
I'm thinking of changing from an Ali 7L to Ali 80 for various reasons. I seem to remember a thread a while ago detailing Ali 80 weighting characteristics with different gas pressures but I can't find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction or to any info regarding this please.

Many thanks,

Ian
160 -170 bar of nitrox and they float nicley arse in the air. 210 bar and they sink like a stone 3lb neg without a firststage or reg on.

Less than 50 bar and you can use them as SMBs.

Thats about all you need to know for the Ali 80. :D

ATB

Mark Chase

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Or Mark's previous longer post here

I think Jay has had a tidy up and only the threads from the last month are showing.

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts

Many thanks,

Ian
Ian

if you only have one stage or just the two then get the Ali80 regardless of how much it weighs or anything it will hold more gas if your using it for a 45 meter deco reduce the gas in it however if your using it for a 60 meter or a 45 and a drift pump it to 210 bar and use it on both dives.

i have 2 of each and use the appropriate cylinders for the dive so i could dive with an AL40 a 7 and 80 or just two 7's

Graham

1 - 6 of 6 Posts