YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi folks,
         Due to boat difficulties I've had to change the dates of this gig to the 6/7/8th Sept. The plan remains the same mixture of Sound of Mull/ Coll/ Tiree/ Bo Fascadale. Again I'll sort out exactly what we're doing probably on the Friday night through a confab with the skipper about current weather conditions, tides, etc.
Costs are;
£106.50(3 days diving + 3 night accomodation)
This price is based on 10 divers, less is more, more is less. I can take 12, 20 or 24.

Extras;
£5 per head bung at the end for deckhands
£11.50 p.p.p.n for extra night accomodation for them that want it.

Deffos;
(1)Me,
(2)Liz Rimer,
(3)Chris Hall,
(4)Julia C,
(5)Nick,
(6)Edward Haynes,
(7)Sacramento Tony(2 days),
(8)Mark Davies(2 days),
(9)Tony(Parahandy),
(10)John Mitchell,
(11)Gavin Yates,
(12)Fiona Yates.

That's now boat number 1 full(12 divers). If I get another 3 definates quick enough then I'll take Alans 2nd boat i.e. 10 on each boat. I can take up to another 7 assuming boats and accomodation is still there.

Possies for 2nd boat;
(13)Dave Williamson,
(14)Dave Williamson's Buddy,
(15)Kev W,
(16)Bob Allison,
(17)

Links;
Accomodation
Boats

Nitrox is available on-site but let me know beforehand if you wish it as they sometimes need to order it in specially. It costs 1p/per litre + air fill.(Nitrox is ordered)

I've still got at least 3 spaces for this one. Post here, PM me or preferably mail me at
[email protected]

I love it when a plan comes together

Peter

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Ah Bugger balls.

Sorry Peter but I won't be able to make this weekend if I do the Plymouth trip the w/e before - I'd be hanged!

Looks like your gonna have to take me off the list.

And I really did want to do this as well.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Does this clash with Tony from Sacramento's trip over to the UK, where some of us were doing Anglesey again?

Chris Hall, you're currently on two dive trips that weekend mate  

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>Chris, Liz, possibly Jules & Tony fron Sacramento(who will need cylinders) will want nitrox.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Imported post

WooooHoooo!  Wreck diving in Scotland!  I can't wait!  Thanks for letting me join in!  As you can probably guess, there aren't a whole lot of wrecks to dive in northern California.  Actually, there are none....

But I was diving in my local lake (Folsom Lake) this past weekend and did find a broken canoe oar... which is about as close to a wreck as I can get here in Sacramento.

Now I have an excuse for getting a dive camera setup!

"Sacramento" Tony

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

yee ha! now then,  definately nitrox for me
Peter tell us how much cash you want up front and  will send some cash:D
Jules:;):

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Ohhhh You're Tony.
   I had thought about saying to you but I thought Manchester was as far as you wanted to go.
 Welcome aboard and I suppose I'd better come up with something good now that you're coming all this way. I'll try not to dissapoint.
  Mail me on the above address and I'll add you to the group. It's just easier if I can spit any questions away or answer them on my Outlook express.

Peter
PS-Chris/Tony-Who's Jules? Is that Julia C or someone I don't have on the above deffos list yet?
PPS-Please advise about cylinders? Will you get them down there or will I get something sorted up here?

·
3,299 Posts
Imported post

Peter
I am jules, I thought we had established that! When I went to set up my YD account someone else already had "Jules" so I had to think of a different name so I just used my real one.
Jules
x

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

Right folks, that's 10 in as deffos so we have a real goer now. If those who haven't mailed me on the above then please do ASAP and I'll start getting the nitty-gritty sorted out.
That means
Kramy2001notout(something like that)
Mark davies
Balders

·
3,299 Posts
Imported post

sorry mate it's a fella, but last time he booked onto a trip to dive with me he mercilessly blew me out when he remembered that he had to go to a mates wedding. So i refuse to name him until such time as I get to look at his PDA and double check that it says he is diving with me  AND that none of his mates are getting married same weekend. Until then I am definately playing hard to get and leaving my options open.
Jules

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Well Peter,
Looking forward to the trip North, just in case anyones wondering what the hell Bo Fascadale is have a gander at http://www1.arcl.ed.ac.uk/scotfed/scotdive/bofascad.html
A MUST DO dive weather permitting. Its reputedly the best drop off dive in Scotland.

·
Have You Seen My 'Demi-john'?
997 Posts
Imported post

put me down for a place

cheers john

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (parahandy @ July 21 2003,23:44)]Well Peter,
Looking forward to the trip North, just in case anyones wondering what the hell Bo Fascadale is have a gander at http://www1.arcl.ed.ac.uk/scotfed/scotdive/bofascad.html
A MUST DO dive weather permitting. Its reputedly the best drop off dive in Scotland.

Yeah Tony,
                 I'm doing the same as last time and I'll get a word doccy made up to send away to everyone with all the directions, links, general info.
  But it does look good. Two day of wrecks and one day of that sounds like a plan to me.

Peter

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Sorry guys,

I'm buggered for this trip - my best man gets married that weekend and I'm at his gig.

Enjoy and have fun. I hate you all  

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Put me down as a maybe Pete®  
 I have to run it past the guvnor but she's a right softy so I should be good to go..

I'll hopefully be bringing a buddy too so I'll let you know on that one soon

·
Resident Princess & 'Ned Redresser'
194 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>Peter,

If you haven't already heard from Gavin, put us down for two places please.

What do you need by way of cash - when and how?

Cheers

Fi

PS.  Hopefully no little last-minute accidents this time eh?  

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Imported post

Fiona- That's you and Gav down. If one of you can E-mail me as I've lost all my addresses about a month ago so I don't have yours anymore. I'll get you put on the group info list.

Dave- The best I can do for you is to start filling up the 2nd boat as you seem unsure and I'd always said when I ran the next one I'd give Gav and Fi 1st refusal due to Gavs cock-up on the last one. Hope you understand!!!!

Peter

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>If anyone is travelling from below Scotland & needs directions, I can produce routes on Autoroute2002, so e-mail me your address and I'll print off a route and send it on.

Looking forward to meeting you all at Mull.

Cheers
Chris & Liz

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ July 22 2003,18:35)]Dave- The best I can do for you is to start filling up the 2nd boat as you seem unsure and I'd always said when I ran the next one I'd give Gav and Fi 1st refusal due to Gavs cock-up on the last one. Hope you understand!!!!
No problem Peter, I'd never argue with the lovely Fiona and I know my place... As I say it's not yet confirmed anyway but the only reason I didn't do the  Angelsey ll trip was cos I wanted to save my pennies for Mull again... It's Gods country and top diving to boot so I'm hoping to be there especially as it seems there's some excellent company to keep.

Watch this space

Dave

·
Resident Princess & 'Ned Redresser'
194 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave Williamson @ July 22 2003,20:32)]No problem Peter, I'd never argue with the lovely Fiona and I know my place...
<font color='#736AFF'>Awww, Davie!! you're such a smooth talker.

Well, I suggest a few others get their names down and we can try to fill two boats.  

Sounds like excellent diving/fun/company.

Am looking forward to it already...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts