1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
"Look mate, the problem's between the user and the
2,711 Posts
Reactions: Surface Interval

·
Là á Bhlàir's math na Càirdean
884 Posts
without any doubt the all time greatest album is "Pet Sounds" by the beach Boys. As already mentioned Sgt Peppers has not aged well, however Pet Sounds sounds just as great now as it did when released back in '66. Over the years I have bought the album on lp, cassette, cd and dvd. Also bootleg outtakes and finally a whole boxset based on one album. Paul maCartney knows a tad about music and has often stated that everybody should own this album and has bought a copy for each of his children. high praise indeed

·
Registered
238 Posts
revolver

revolver top lp ever pity it as yellow sub on it that is the first lp bought and still the best.

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
My personal best album ever is Runrig's Searchlight album. Haunting in places, rocky in others, Gaelic in others. An all round brilliant album. :thumbsup:

·
Shipwrecked & Comatose, drinking fresh mango juice
2,614 Posts
Nirvana - Unplugged in New York.

A singer at the very top of his game, a tragic epitaph. If I could only listen to one album for the rest of my life, that would be it.

·
"He's not a man, he's a dolphin"
494 Posts
Neil Young - Harvest Moon

*but*....

...a close second for me would have to be Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds. The opening lines from Mr Burton still give me shivers after all these years!

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Operation Mindcrime by Queensryche, wonderful narrative from start to end and superbly played throughout. It's one album I never tire of listening to.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Metallica

Metallica,,,
Because we are the "Unforgiven",,,,"Sad but true",,,,,,
(just setting off for st Abbs),,,
And really " Nothing else matters".........

·
Registered
201 Posts
Rush - Moving Pictures

just uploading all my LPs to the iPod and found this in the pile. As it happens, also the first concert I ever went to.

·
1,773 Posts
The Who - Quadrophenia

1 - 20 of 54 Posts