Imported post

is she chucked again?

Did this not happen before?

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Moll,

Yes mate it did. By way of explanation, read both Jay's and my reasons in writing why both her and Stef we canned tonight in the tail-end of the 'Recent Trip Reports' thread called 'The Chaps do Ab Fab in Abbs'. They were warned, asked to desist and both ignored the the lot. Their call mate.

(Edited by Bren Tierney at 1:57 pm on Jan. 31, 2003)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Imported post

Nobody wrote anything derogatory about you Bren, we just pointed out that drinking and diving is putting you and your buddy at risk.  Why ban people for pointing out the truth?

What is provocative about pointing that drunk diving is NOT ON.  This dangerous practice puts fish prodding buddies in danger.

I think you just don't like the truth, plain and simple.

Put that G&T down on the sofa and get some real diving done then you might gain some knowledge of what UK diving is really about - it sure as #### ain't about pissing about near death in 20 m and being a liability to your buddy.

I will copy my email to RAF Valley so they can be on full stand by, helicopters fuelled up.  I will also organise a large support team with "stages and deco stations" for these planned 30m dives because they seem to beyond old Brenny.  Fancy adding 10m on when you can't even manage 20m.  It's time the deep air holiday diver hung up his fins.  

HEHE. Now THAT'S provocative

Ammers.  

PS why not run an IP trace on these other accounts and see that they are not coming from my machine - this is the only time I have re registered to state that the truth gets you banned!!

Check my subnet mask and you can see that the other accounts are not in my class A/B/C network.

(Edited by itsnotmehonestguv at 7:36 am on Jan. 31, 2003)

·
Dive without politics
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

outstanding ammers, 'real' uk divin, like you know, still waiting to here from you about deco planning.

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

I usually stay out of ranting sessions but I'm getting sick of this pish.

Ammers - f*ck off - and don't come back - you are without doubt the most dull and self-preoccupied individual I've ever read online. You've offered nothing to this forum - you're a f*cking grandstanding leech.

I sincerely hope you wise up otherwise you're gonna be very lonely in your old-age.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

Wow, Gav!  From staying out to letting rip in one fell swoop!  Was it therapeutic? :shiner:

(Now tell us how you really feel.... ;) )

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

You've got to love the way Ammers is posting to YD under Other names,
whilst at the same time Other people are posting to D-net under Ammer's name

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Blimey Gav - where did that lot come from?  You're normally very nice and pleasant on the forums.  Remind me never to upset you if I ever meet you.  :eek:uttahere: Wow, what they say about the quiet ones is true!  Dive safely.

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from itsnotmehonestguv on 7:34 am on Jan. 31, 2003
it sure as #### ain't about pissing about near death in 20 m and being a liability to your buddy.
<span =''>
Who dived St Abbs with faulty equipment (a leaky manifold) and therefore potentially put herself and her buddies in danger?

Who also abandoned their assigned buddy at St Abbs despite knowing that it was his first dive in UK waters and that he was a little nervous about it?

Who insisted on doing ridiculous 'deep stops' on a 30m dive in a raging current and caused her buddy pair to be swept nearly a mile out to sea, requiring rescue from a passing RIB?

Three words - POT, KETTLE, BLACK

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Guys,

It's just dawned on me!!! Ammers NEVER dives solo !!

Judging by the many pen-names she signs in here under to spread her particular brand of mince, we have to safely assume that these are all her other personalities; ergo she's never short of a buddy or 15 for every dive!! ;)

·
Charter Boat Skipper, Salvage Diver & YBOD abuser
1,605 Posts
Imported post

Yeah, come on Boys and girls it's starting to get stupid:sofa:, (surely there should be a "YAWN" emoticon)
I thought Bren's Abbs account was typical of a "diving expedition"- complete with the embelishments required to make an average session entertaining- totally top-notch, just what you want to be reading on a forum. O.K. a slap on the wrist for the obviously exaggerated hangover factor, but it's now getting beyond a joke. Let's get back to the fun and the info shall we:idea:
Still eagerly awaiting part 2, Bren!
       Terry, pissed-off-with-the-winter-cos-I'm-not-doing-any-diving-cos-i-refuse-to-go-in-a-swagless-p
ond-angleseydiver

·
Dive without politics
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Imported post

yeah

·
Registered
186 Posts
Imported post

Does anyone remember the story of three blind men describing an elephant?  A forum is only people expressing opinions without it the forums a blank page.  I'm oppossed to anyone who thinks they have a right to determine what can or can't be said.  I may detest what is written or protest or disagree, I may state my own observations or reasons, but censorship is an act beyond reason, for it robs us of our freedom to communicate.  

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Budgy mate,

Can see where you're 'coming from' with this, but a posting that is simply spreading shite and then us taking complaints from the membership about certain posts (and asking for their removal) does not do the general cut-n-thrust of the board well. We're all for free speech mate (as any thread or post on here will prove), but to let someone that only wants to come here and simply throw fucks into the generality about how they dive, where they dive, why they don't dive deep enough or with the right rig is simply boring and adds nothing to the plot. Especially when it comes from some with an axe to grind.

We're on record here (and indeed practise) as saying that we will not censor opinion, diving ethos or language used - "as long as it adds to the general lot of the forum and it's learning and the expansion of its 'one-dive-we-all-dive' ethos". Some one who wants to come here and simply take pot shots at the Mods or the membership is adding nothing to the plot and only trying to persue their own private negative agenda - which will not be tolertated.

I think you'll agree that we run a prety flexible ship here! Where else could you get away with the stuff that goes on here? Banter, content, general level of badinage, comfort to ask any question without the fear of flame or abuse? There's a reason for that. Diving should be safe, enjoyable and accessible, and not just the preserve of the deep/techie wallah (and that said even though all of the Mods here are techies).

Bottom line is: are our members happy and growing with the way the forum's going? Answer, for the most part, YES!

Are we going to let the actions/views of one or two individuals who just want to come on here and take the piss and spread their own limited agenda? NO!

Do we accept any diver/agency/school/club and their views? Yes - as long as they're prepared to understand that the diving world might not see their views as lore/law. If they come here looking to simply cause trouble or off-set the play, then they will be asked to wind it in. If they don't, after being asked to observe the 'house rules', then they get binned.

How much longer would you accept a person causing deliberate trouble in your house after you'd asked them repeatedly to wind their neck in? I'm guessing that you'd toss them out for not doing what you'd repeatedly asked of them and causing a nuisance, right? The same applies here.

Sorry mate, but that's democracy in action. I can't and won't publish the private emails we've received as Mods asking for these two current pains in the arse to be binned - believe me, it wasn't just a Mods decision - we had to reflect the wishes of our membership. Otherwise we'd end up catering for the minority wishes of one or two people - and that's NOT going to happen, as I'm sure you'll apprecicate.

YD will not become - on our watch - a cat-house redolent of some other, less fortunate, diving forums where flaming and argumetns for argument's sake will be given free reign. We like and will defend the ambience (at our member's request) that we have and remove anyone that thinks they can come here and spread their limited 'I'm pissed-off and you're all gonna hear about it' agenda.

Take care and dive safe,

·
Killed in the line of Duty. RIP.
173 Posts
Imported post

I have read various forums not only to do with diving, I find the personal abuse aimed at individuals who post what others do not wish to read offensive.
The people who post these insulting\abusive messages do so because they are in the main, anonymous, I doubt very much that they would repeat the same comments in a room where the person they are aimed at is present.
In being abusive are they not BULLYING people into not posting what they themselves do not like?
Are they not censoring, what is, and is not, put onto a forum?
Forum(s) are like society, we have rules, some we like, some we don't, BUT in order for everyone to exist together we (in the main) accept the rules for the majority.
I may not like Brens comments (no dig here Bren), I may disagree with yours Budgy, I can read and ignore them if I wish, choose not to read them, or ingore the thread should I wish, Or I can post comments should I wish. But why be abusive or insult the writer, are they not allowed a point of view?
Censorship?
I think so
But not by the Moderators.

·
Dive without politics
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Imported post

Good point, I have a ten year old girl that does not hear the type of language seen on this site at home, I want to let her read things on the net but it stresses me when I have to worry about clowns posting rubbish, swearing etc. We are, after all adults, although it seem a few people from north of the border, thats where I come from BTW, can't help themselves, in life 'we' must help them to behave properly, coz I would not sit in a room with them speaking the way they write with out saying something, if juniors were present, BTW mine would say something herself, normally 'thatsa £1 for the swear box' its amazing how quickly grown men modify their language when pulled up by a four foot half grown woman.

We must have rules, its how the machine works, and somone has to be daddy, glad its not me, keep up the good work.

(Edited by darthmoll at 2:58 am on Feb. 2, 2003)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Imported post

I love dive forums!!!
Doesn't matter what part of the world you in, there is always something going on in dive forums....

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

I agree with Darth regarding the swearing on here or any other forum, I also have a youngster who I would prefer not to have to read some of what has been written both here and elsewhere. Generally I think that YD has managed to keep the banter within acceptable limits. Diving is after all practiced mainly by adults and as suchh the language can get colourfull, so long as it is moderate I believe children can tolerate it, they will hear as much in the streets so lets not get paranoid but accept a certain amount.
Matt

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Darth and Matt - I agree about language -  that's why I'll usally remember to asterisk sweary words. On the websites that I run I'll only use swear words when they are absolutely necessary to the story.

However, as i'm sure you both practice - any censorship of a medium should be conducted by the parents and/or loco parental organisation.

Kids should not be using the net alone or left to watch TV for hours on end.

BTW: I do not withdraw any of my previous comments.

Anyway I think this debate has possibly gone on far enough. The world is on the brink of war and I'm not diving this weekend. Very depressing.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts