YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Me too, bit outside my experience at the moment but I'm working towards it and it will get done, once I am skilled enough to deal with that level of diving.

Sky box set, thanks for the heads-up.

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
haha off there in August :D

Graham

·
Registered
130 Posts
Dived her in '97 from Seeker.

Swam through gimbles 'hole' and down a couple of decks, all very well until it was time to return - lots of silt and no line.....ha, the good old days.

Best memory was actually standing on the seabed looking up from 75mtrs at the bridge and superstructure - never seen that since.

Worst memory was clipping off stages to trailing line from stern and then discovering oceanic sharks taking a few 'test' bites. It turns out the crew had been chumming for sharks and fishing whilst we were in deco beneath the boat - thats the fastest I've ever climbed a ladder wearing twin 15's!!

Would love to return with my unit and get some sensible bottom times going.

Ahh, when I was a lad.........

Enzo

·
1/2 of slut divers
271 Posts
Dived her in '97 from Seeker.

Swam through gimbles 'hole' and down a couple of decks, all very well until it was time to return - lots of silt and no line.....ha, the good old days.

Best memory was actually standing on the seabed looking up from 75mtrs at the bridge and superstructure - never seen that since.

Worst memory was clipping off stages to trailing line from stern and then discovering oceanic sharks taking a few 'test' bites. It turns out the crew had been chumming for sharks and fishing whilst we were in deco beneath the boat - thats the fastest I've ever climbed a ladder wearing twin 15's!!

Would love to return with my unit and get some sensible bottom times going.

Ahh, when I was a lad.........

Enzo
Impressed..............

I assume you mean 'the' seeker from Shadow divers & deep descent etc.

Like so many others, I am fascinated by this wreck also.

·
Registered
197 Posts
In spite of the inconsistancies, they make good reading, along with 'The last dive' which covers the same ground.

However, it's written to sell books, a bit like prime time TV, I've heard it's pretty beat up now.

Still, like the red sea, the 50 metre mark, and stoney cove, I guess it's one of those things that just has to be done.

·
Silent Knight
1,849 Posts
This is on again now - History +1

G :)

·
currently offshore, please leave a message
1,106 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts