YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>We've got a weekend's diving planned sailing from Amlwch, Anglesey on Elfyn and Terry's boat the JulieAnne. It's Sacramento Tony's bi-annual UK dive-in.

The diving is £30 per day per person - if you're staying both days you need to sort your own accommodation (B&B from around £15 per night). Contact me if you need any help with that but a search on the board for previous Anglesey gigs should give you all that you need. Air fills are available over-night so you'll need to arrive with full tanks for the first day's diving.

Ten places all together. Initial team list is;

(1)  Kramynot2000 (Sacramento Tony)
(2)  Mark Davies
(3)  Bren Tierney
(4)  Chris Hall
(5)  John Mitchell
(6)  Andy2Tanx
(7)  Kate
(8)  Nigel Waller
(9)  Julia C (Sunday only)
(10) Fiona B

Anyone for stand-by? Post here or call me on 07816 171663.

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Some options for accommodation.

These are at Menai Bridge, which is just as soon as you get on the island. From here it's only a 20 minute drive to Amlwch.
(I'm putting these up as we've used them before and been happy).

Mostyn Arms (B&B)       01248 713915
Anglesey Arms (Hotel)   01248 712305
Victoria Hotel               01248 712309

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

Mark , put me down for a place, I'll see if I can get off work...

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Mark

I have sent you a PM, although I don't know how long they take to come through.

I wouldn't mind coming along, although does anyone know what the ladder is like, same old question.  

Fiona

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Aye,

Anglesey stylee!

Put me down for a seat - the only thing preventing me from coming is if I'm in the far-flung again! I'll try and engineer it so that I'm home this time

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Mark you have PM re team Bunny, we're up for it.

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Mark

I have had a reply from Terry.  Please could you add me to your list.

Cheers

Fiona

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Right, that's it. We're full!

Always the chance of someone dropping out, so does anybody want to go on stand-by?

·
Have You Seen My 'Demi-john'?
997 Posts
Imported post

MARK
put me on the reserve list  cheers john

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Got that John. There are a couple of people who might only be able to do one of the days. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Imported post

Hey Mark,

Thanks for arranging this boat!  I just saw it as I was down in Monterey diving this past weekend.  Can't wait to get back into those balmy tropical UK waters!

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Right then - where is everybody staying? And who is planning on going down on Friday?

If you haven't booked accommodation yet, can I suggest going somewhere either at Menai Bridge or Bangor. It's the biggest town anywhere near so gives the best options for the evening's entertainments.

So far, Tony, Kate and myself will be in Bangor. Where will the rest of you be?

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Mark

Where are you guys staying and I will see if there is any more room.

Otherwise if you have any other suggestions let me know, also where are we able to get fills on the Saturday.

Fiona

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Mark mate,

I'll be going down on the Friday night. Indeed, it'll be a year (almost) to the day when we had the first of last year's two Anglesey 45+ YD Diver Weekend Gigs!! [Noted for being more piss-up than dive-fest due to the attendant sea-state 6 and Force 8's!
)

I'll dig out the details for the holiday apartments we booked (kitchen, bathroom, living room, two bedroom, on-site pub/restaurant, top kit) and see if we can't get in there again. Cheap and brilliantly situated in Trearddur Bay!

I'll get back here with info.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Imported post

I'm staying at the Dilfan Guesthouse in Bangor, where I stayed when I came over last April.  Mrs. Jones is the proprieter and she's a very nice lady and I gotta say, I love those big English Breakfasts!  We're paying 40 pounds per night for my wife and I for en suite with breakfast.  I think if you are staying solo, its 20.  There is a hotel called the Eryl Mor (I think) which is pricier at about 60 per night for two.  Right next to the guest house where I'm staying are two more guesthouses but I don't recall their name.

I am really looking forward to this trip and praying for good weather so we can get on those wrecks!

·
Never enough time!!!!
86 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>2 other pretty decent places to stay on Anglesey are the Valley Hotel and the Bull Hotel in Valley village - both do pretty good B&B but it's a while since I was there...  

John

PS - what sites you planning on diving there?

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>OK, just in case anyone else needs an address, I have just booked Haford Guesthouse, Benllech.  £25 per night.  Part way between Amlwch and Bangor so not a million miles from anywhere.

Fiona

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

As promised, here's the info on the place where most of us stayed on the first YD Anglesey meet last March. Top place, check out the facilities!

AndyP and I (and about 20 others) stayed in one of the Cybi Bungalows (two twin rooms, kitchen, bathroom, living room, TV, central heating, the works), of which there are a few. The site also has an on-site pub and restaurant of a decent standard.

If anyone fancies rugging in, shout up as this is where I'll be staying - close to the pubs and eateries of Trearddur Bay (right on the beach in fact) and next to the Trearddur Bay Hotel if you want ot nip in there for a nosebag.

Trearddur Holiday Bungalows

Only 30 to 40 mintes from Amlwch Port to boot!

I'll be arriving Friday night if we're planning on hooking up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Imported post

Hi, new to the site, but if there are any drop outs for this please let me know. I'm PADI AOW and doing a BSAC Sports Diver at the moment if that fits in with what you had planned.
Cheers
Will

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Will,

Glad to see you joined mate! Keep your eyes peeled on the Planned Trips threads to keep up to speed with which ones you'd like to join - or, organise one yourself and invite us along!

Cheers,

1 - 20 of 99 Posts