YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

First of all, an apology.

Who's a silly c...,    K...,    Kangaroo ?

I carefully put this trip on the Trips Forum and stupidly typed the wrong date ( 21st ) on the Title page - so of course most of you thought it had already gone.

Even though I kept updating the bugger, it kept the original date and you all ignored it.

NOTE TO ADMINISTRATOR - WHY CANT THE AUTHOR SEE AND CHANGE TITLE LINES ?

However, Maltese Falcon asked if I could organise a rib/ wreck event so I rang to arrange one.

I was amazed that "Digs" had space on his rib at short notice, but apparently there was a big Dive Event at Hollyhead - which we knew nowt about and he thought that had affected his bookings.
Anyway, in the meantime, JohnH managed to see through my incompetance and arranged to come with us.

On the Friday, Digs called to say the weather was iffy - we could cancel or go anyway and see when we got there.  I was confident we would shore dive somewhere off Anglesey, so we went.

On the morning, the weather was was fine, Digs came with his boat wasnt too sure about the conditions, but willing to see if he could find a suitable location.  By now there were six of us - myself, John, Maltese Falcon, our Susan - and a couple from Harrogate looking for sites for their BSAC club  ( One of us had left their new weights on the kitchen table. )  We loaded our kit on the rib whilst it was in the car park and launched it off the beach - what a civilised way to dive.

We did the first dive on the Missouri wreck - it was John's first dive, the viz was less than 2 metres and he said it was like diving into a green jelly.  We had do do some swapping of weights before we could all maintain any sort of bouyancy, but managed to see bits of the flattened wreck and some sealife.

After a long, long interval waiting for six fills in the dive shop on the Point ( and we were the only ones there ) we did another boat dive off the abandoned lifeboat station - just a scenic dive really - but viz a little better and more sealife to entertain us.
Afterwards, Digs took our kit to the carpark in the rib - what a hero.

Good trip, conditions could have been better, especially for John's first dive, but he coped really well and I think we are all keen for a repeat.  

HINT HINT.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Imported post

Yep - gotta say Digs is a top bloke. I think he was relieved that someone wanted to use his rib, otherwise I think he would have lost money.

Having said that, he went out of his way to make it a good day for us - perhaps next time he can pick us up outside the refill shop?

Also, thanx billy for organisation etc - anyone want to go to Malta in Feb/March?

·
235 Posts
Imported post

Glad conditions were not too bad for you.   Will be in Malta 22nd February for 7 weeks - would be happy to dive with you if you are there same time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts