YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Has anyone got digs sorted for the Anglesey gig yet ?..

I have tried the place we stayed at last time but have not had a reply back yet

Any ideas people...

Daz

·
T.L.S. More dives than posts
688 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>We've booked in at the "Valley of rocks" campsite.
Anyone wanting to camp(s'cuse me)
the phone number was printed wrongly on the last
Anglesey trip and is 01407 765787
Kev W & Wildman

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>So any other options.  I have phoned around but all places are charging per week (not unreasonable given the time of year).   But weekly charges are not so attractive as most are calculated Saturday to Saturday.

I was hoping to arrive Friday and leave Monday,  any cheapish B&B or self catering options.  Will continue to look and post as I find them.

Daz

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Daz
ask Lou where she got us in for Trip 1, I should have thought they would do a couple or so nights as its near the Ferry port and just the sort of thing that keeps them in business. I'm tempted to do the Sunday, are you shore diving again.
Matt

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

The place we stayed is just outside Valley, off the double roundabout from the A5 to the Valley/Trearddurr road.  

It's a dairy farm called the Ty Mawr B&B.  THe owners name is Anne Lloyd 01407 740235.  It was very clean and comfortable and she did a good brekkie!  She also has a shed etc that you can put your kit in so it doesn't have to stay in the car.
Ty Mawr
HTH

Lou

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Thanks Lou,

Making enquiries as I type.

Matt,  currently planning on shore diving Saturday (all day, possibly a night dive and Sunday Morning)

Daz

·
Charter Boat Skipper, Salvage Diver & YBOD abuser
1,605 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Daz,
got a cracking N/dive site for you - no tide, sandy bottom minging with sand-eels (if you run your fingers through sand as you tootle along thousands of them come zooming out which gets pollack and bass into feeding frenzy- brilliant!)
Oh, there's also an old Wooden wreck and a few rock patches with crabs and lobbies.
Remind me nearer the time, it'll only cost you a pint!  

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Errmm, I'm coming down to look at bits of metal. Preferably big intact bits of metal, with guns'n'bombs'n'missiles'n'nonsense  attached. None of this fish prodding sh1te. I'm quite happy to do a shore fish-prodding dive on the Sat Eve if anybody-peeps are interested.

Peter

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Sounds like a deal to me...  (Pint of what exactly,  single malt could get expensive  

)

All,

Getting prices for accomodation from lots of places at the moment.  Will summerise names, numbers, prices on Monday or Tuesday at the latest (mainly B&B see below for why)

Also trying to get prices for some self catering options but most places are not too keen on letting accomodation for a couple of days when they would prefer to let it for a week.

Daz

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Peter,  

There is quite a group planning on shore diving,  myself and mob, Dave and Karen, Hobby, Mr Binnie on the Sunday.  

I am sure something will be happening on the Saturday afternoon if you want to tag along.

Daz

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Hi Daz,
It was going to be a Sat evening 3rd dive from the shore. It will depend if I still have the energy left after ripping all the brass from the wrecks during the day.
I am still looking for somewhere to stay as well. I think me, Dee, Gav and Fiona are looking for a foursome(for wont of a better choice of phrase). Are the cottages definately out for the weekend only? One of them would be ideal!!!!!!!!

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Peter,

No worries if you are up for a third dive we will give it a try.

No provision in your accomodation should Carole decide to join the trip  

I will give the bungalow people a call tomorrow and get a final confirmed yes or no on the accomodation.   Failing that I have a couple of requests out for info on other self catering options and some info on B&B's.  

B&B's are coming in at about £40 per night for a double room for 2 people.   I will post a list tomorrow afternoon of all the ones I have tracked down with contact numbers - still need to chase a couple up tomorrow morning.

Daz

1 - 12 of 12 Posts