1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

ORIGINAL MESSAGE READ:

OK Dudes,

Putting feelers out for these dates - see Terry's PM to me below (Terry's Elfyn's partner in their diving/salvage business where Elfyn is one of the Skippers we used for the 1st Anglesey gig):

"Hi Bren,

Just had a PM from Elfyn, still got room in July for bookings -
05th/06th July and 19th/20th July best weekends.

Out there most of time in summer so midweek dives available if not doing anglers or secret-mission! "

So, what say you chaps/chapesses? Will these dates clash with your family holidays or should we go large and get the diving we should have last weekend and in glorious weather!?

We'll have to get these dates squared away ASAP, as the boats will be filling up for other dive charters. Shout loud and in time people!!

I am more than happy to organise it again if you guys wanna do it. Families and non-diving partners welcome at your own discretion.

Come on YD - you know you want it - don't make me beg!!

---------------------------------------------------------

And it became apparent that the weekend of Saturday 05th and Sunday 06th were the runaway favourites.

YD Team Sheet for this gig reads:

Deffos:

1 * Bren
2 * Kev W
3 * Gavin Yates
4 * Andy Phillips
5 * Andrew

Total = 5

Possibles:

Chris Hall
Liz Rimer
Mark Chase
Barry Marriott
Justin Owen

Come on then YD'ers, let's be having your hats in the ring. You can either post here or, as last time, email me off-line.

"Anglesey II - The Revenge" is officially underway !!

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

Bren - out me down as a possible at this point - gotta sort out the diary with Mrs K

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Just a polite reminder for this trip guys and gals.

Is it a YD go-er, or should I stand Elfyn down? Please let me know ASAP as any potential booking I make won't be held for ever.

Cheers in advance.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Crikey Bren,  

Give us chance I mean this sort of decision can't be just taken on a whim.

Daz,

P.S  Getting quotes and availability for the accomodation (started yesterday  
 ).

At the moment assuming we can get the accomodation sorted you can add Me, Samantha  (The better half), Nobby and Lucky (Mr and Mrs Phillips apparently  
), Jason Dogfish Dando,  Dave Hurst and Tracey Hurst.  Basically the same mob as last time.

Still seeing who else would be interested.

·
T.L.S. More dives than posts
688 Posts
Imported post

Anyone know the contact details of a campsite in the area
Thanks Kev W

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

YD Team Sheet for this gig reads:

Deffos:

1 * Bren
2 * Kev W
3 * Gavin Yates
4 * Andy Phillips
5 * Andrew
6 * Janey
7 * Daz Carpenter
8 * Samantha Carpenter
9 * Nobby Phillips
10 * Lucky Phillips
11 * Jason 'Dogfish' Dando
12 * Dave Hurst
13 * Tracey Hurst
14 * John Holmes

Total = 14

Possibles:

Chris Hall
Liz Rimer
Mark Chase
Barry Marriott
Justin Owen
John 'Kirky' Kirk
Davey Willo

Come on then YD'ers, let's be having your hats in the ring. You can either post here or, as last time, email me off-line.

"Anglesey II - The Revenge" is officially underway !!

I intend to make this as accessible for all divers, as with the last run out, so expect hard boats, RIBs and shore-diving (Dave and Karen J and Daz and the Bristol Massif, where ya?)

Come on you regulars - we've got YD newbies signing up for the crack!! Let's be having ya.

Remember we can always camp (scenes of pink velour and sequins) if we can't get the same digs as last time.

Here's some of the accommodation information for you guys.

-----------------------------------------------------------
[Hobby wrote]:

I've had a quick chat with Bren and he's asked me to put these links up regarding accomodation in the immediate vicinity.

I've got a small cross section to hopefully cater for a varying range of taste and weight of your wallet!

'Valley of The Rocks' campsite is a nice camping/caravan site, situated 5 mins drive from Trearddur Bay beach itself. It's actually very near Porthdarfarch (Bog Bay due to it's public convieniences!) itself and has it's own bar etc.

It's quite tucked away so can be less busy than some other sites.

'Valley of The Rocks',
Pothdarfarch Rd,
Trearddur Bay,
Anglesey.

TEL:01704 765787.

Pendoran Guest House is situated in Trearddur Bay and although I've never stayed there, it looks good.

TEL: 01704 860827.

http://www.pendorlan.co.uk

For those who want (or can stretch to!) a hotel there are several. I've picked a well known one, and one where I've eaten in the past that has a good reputation too.

'The Trearddur Bay Hotel' is where it says! It has RAC/AA 3 star rating too.

TEL: 01407 860301.

'The Anchorage' is nearby and is on

TEL: 01407 860301

http://www.the-anchorage-hotel.co.uk

'Tyn Rhos campsite', as mentioned by Bren, is also very good and ideally situated near Mike's dive place.

It's hoped that these others may give people a little more choice in advance if required. Where possible we've picked places we know of or that have a good reputation, i.e. places we'll be happy to stay in ourselves. That said, we can't guarantee what your stay will be like so please don't blame us if a camel train tramples your tent, or a flange of Baboons commandeers your RIB!

Hope this helps,
Hobby.

----------------------------------------------------------

There are also these accommodation links and contact details:

Try these for a map and other bits of info:

http://www.great-breaks.co.uk/map/anglesey.htm

http://www.find-our-community.net/region....map.htm

And these looking at/booking digs and accom:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Resourc....es.html

http://www.cottageguide.co.uk/Gh/

And this one is probably the best I've seen for everything from dive centres, car hire, accommodation in ANY place in Anglesey - just click on the name of the place you need:

http://www.northwalesindex.co.uk/pages/14.html

-----------------------------------------------------------

Or there is where a goodly number of us stayed on the last gig:

**** ACCOMMODATION UPDATE FOR THIS GIG ****

For those of you cheeky chappies (& chappesses) that may not have yet booked any accommodation, then the lesser-spotted Willo and myself are in the following gaff: own heated-pool, bar, sauna, site shop, launderette etc. I jest you not!  

http://www.holiday-bungalows.co.uk/frames.htm

I'm in the Mon Cottage and Davey's in the Fron Isallt Cottage.

For bookings, and it's only a mile away from Mike's Diving Services Anglesey, but means that a number of us can be together in the same complex so we can all RV and travel in convoy to our respective ports of embarkation, and get tanks charged in the late PM, then contact Susan at:

TEL: 01407 - 860494

email: [email protected]

Get in amongst it people - you know it makes sense.

YD - on the march!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Remember we can always camp (scenes of pink velour and sequins) if we can't get the same digs as last time.

camp, as in tents - Eeeeeek - runs away kicking and screaming

·
Registered
54 Posts
Imported post

Seriousley though, I will be comming along on my tod, what are the options cause i fancy stopping where everyone else is (or close by) but don't feel the need to shell out for a bungalow of me own. Are there rooms aswell as the bungalows or is that it at that site?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Imported post

Don't need to be asked twice, we're definately in for a drinking trip, sorry diving trip !  Even if it does mean camping, perish the thought !

We will deffo be shore diving again (Bristol massive, are you up for it ?).

Bren, can you have a word with the man upstairs and book the weather this time? Flat calm, 30 degress, unlimited viz will do nicely !

We'll be looking into accomadation in the next week or two, will keep you posted.

DAVE and KAREN J

·
2,228 Posts
Imported post

Book it Danno - I`m a definite - revenge will be sweet !!!

·
2,228 Posts
Imported post

just gettin the hang of this avatar lark !!.errr.not

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Bummer.

Can't make that weekend, will be diving In Malta & Gozo.
I'll be thinking of you guys & gals watching the waves crash over the harbour walls when I sit in the sun after my days diving.

Shame it wasn't the later weekend.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Imported post

Hey Howard,

May you rot in Hel.......

Err...sorry mate. Seriously, hope the Malta & Gozo gig go with ease and enjoyment. Hope to see you and Rebecca on another Troop Gig soon.

Dive safe guys  

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Thanks Bren.
When you coming dan sarf... we don't bite........
Mind you there is pasport control at Watford........

·
Registered
7 Posts
Imported post

Hi All,
I'll be coming on my tod & would like to stay close to others on the trip for evening entertainment. Limited funds as a student. Is anyone else camping or B&Bing as would be good to link up?
Janey

·
Resident Serbian Sniper
492 Posts
Imported post

"Things" permitting I'll (we'll)try our best to make it.Again.Only on the condition that Bren refrains from Colin McRae impressions after I've graciously shown hin some of the lesser known sites!Accomodation is'nt a problem for us but funds will be tight so I'll be shore diving...may have to borrow/beg some kit............
Bren,d'you fancy a shore dip(is Andy coming?),not sure how many would be willing to dive with ahem my config etc(whatever that may be on the day)!
Hobby.

·
That's Members Representative to you!
2,416 Posts
Imported post

Damn 'n blast...

Knew it, the Club's Pembrokeshire trip is the same weekend...

Sorry guys... I've only got one open-water lesson to go and 60mins more underwater time to clock up then i'll be <ahem> qualified, so i'll get meself on one of the meets soon...

1 - 20 of 197 Posts