YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Come on fellas anyone fancy just a single day outside England. I cant do both days but would love to go for just a single day, car share as I dont fancy 8 hrs in the car by myself.
Matt

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Come on Matt mate,

It won't be '8 hours in a car' all by yourself - think of this way: 4 hours one way, then a top day of diving fun and banter, followed by 4 hours to drive the other way to reflect and ruminate (whilst smiling broadly to yourself) over the outstanding dive trip you've just enjoyed with a gigglesworth crowd of mates!

There, somehow doesn't seem all that bad now, eh? ;)

·
3,293 Posts
Imported post

Hi

Which day.

Might be interested. Based in East Yorkshire. Is that near you?

Kindest Regards

WL

·
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Unfortunately not, Southern shandy drinker.
Nice idea though. Next time maybe.

Matt

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

Matt,

How about if you drive yourself up Saturday, nice easy drive up and some fireside chat (well, an indian/chinese anyway).  Then you dive Sunday with us and we will convoy down with you so that you aren't in Pete's situation?

Lou

·
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Lou that is tempting, Bren whats available regarding boats/ribs etc. for Sunday. Where's the fireside chat by the way - tell me its in the pub by their fire and I think we've got a deal.
Matt

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
Imported post

Matt,
if you do not get seduced by the idea of a warm fire, I may be on for the day trip - can't do Peter K's Mull trip as planned - and you will pass close by on your way north I think. Could work in well.

·
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

Richie,
you want to drive up on the day of the dive? Any preffered day? You are in West Midlands - where?
But I like the sound of it. Me UK water virgin (except Stoney) that OK (I've seen your profile - serious bloke!)
Matt

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
Imported post

Matt, can do the same day.
Can I persuade you to a Stoney/Vobster (ring the changes?)this Saturday. Every bit helps.

·
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

Richie
the plan I have set myself on for Anglesey is as follows
Drive up Saturday afternoon, arrive in time for chin-wag and nose-bag. B&B till Sunday and then do a 18m hardboat session. Following that rendevous with Lou/Caroline and convoy home. If you want to meet up the motorway and share a lift I'd be happy to swing by. I doubt if I will dive during Feb at all, I hate the month, cold, snowy ghastly.
I doubt if we will buddy anyway as I expect you'll be on the 30m boat? I need to restrict my depth for the first few dives in UK water until I'm happy that there's no scary monsters down there, lurking in the zero viz, well thats what Peter K reckons anyway. ;-)
So if that sounds like a plan to you and you want a share - mail me at [email protected]
Regards
Matt

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

sssshhhh.

Didn't anyone mention the big scary monsters to Matt ?

Looks like he will finally find out why we are all putting our trauma shears in the drawer and getting our big bad diving machetes out for this trip.

:maniac:

Still the good news is that they tend to sleep at 30m,  they prefer to feed at 18m ;)

Daz

·
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

The way I breathe they wont have time mate, I can bounce dive with the best of 'em. Anyway as Adam's not coming I've got two of everything and that includes Knives for use in stabbing and Self-inflating SMB's for a quick exit.
Matt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts