YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I was after a bit of info of what viz folks have experienced offshore around Anglesey over the last few weeks??? I know its a bit giz' inshore:thumbsup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Was out on easter sunday and viz was pretty bad.

Not heard what its like at the mo, I know some people out there today, if i find out I'll post what its like HTH

·
Still wet behind the ears ;)
266 Posts
Llyn / west Anglesey viz.

Dived out of Porthdinllaen on the Llyn yesterday and I'm glad to report that viz is greatly improved, it was nearly five meters about a mile offshore! (it was nil, last week). We then had a cracker of a dive near a rocky cliff at Nefyn. 7-7m viz but the life was fantastic, masses of fish (some of the biggest and most inquisitive wrasses that I've ever seen), crabs, lobsters (small and larger ones I'm glad to report), a conger, but what was best of all were four octopi, yes four on one dive (and it wasn't the same one over and over again before anyone says), and all of this in 4.5 to 9 meters of water.

Happy days indeed.:teeth:

Irfon

·
beware of limitations
3,443 Posts
Dived out of Porthdinllaen on the Llyn yesterday and I'm glad to report that viz is greatly improved, it was nearly five meters about a mile offshore! (it was nil, last week). We then had a cracker of a dive near a rocky cliff at Nefyn. 7-7m viz but the life was fantastic, masses of fish (some of the biggest and most inquisitive wrasses that I've ever seen), crabs, lobsters (small and larger ones I'm glad to report), a conger, but what was best of all were four octopi, yes four on one dive (and it wasn't the same one over and over again before anyone says), and all of this in 4.5 to 9 meters of water.

Happy days indeed.:teeth:

Irfon
hmm, sounds great. Any idea what the viz might be like at, say, Trefor?

·
Charter Boat Skipper, Salvage Diver & YBOD abuser
1,605 Posts
Vis looked great around Treardur today, for shore diving at least. Could see the dirty-water line about a mile offshore. Tides are at the highest for this set of Springs, weather set for same all week - might be tempted myself :rolleyes:

We.re still shafted with the wind direction for most of this week but the wind should be dropping to nothing and we'll be into Neaps over the weekend... so there is hope :)

ATB,
Terry

·
Still wet behind the ears ;)
266 Posts
hmm, sounds great. Any idea what the viz might be like at, say, Trefor?
Dived Trefor last Wednesday and the viz was very poor then, less than a meter. But it seems to have settled since, so I would hold a good chance for the weekend especially since it's neaps and the wind is dumbing down.

Irfon

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for the feed back - has anyone been out on the east coast around the Derbent or Vigesnes recently and could advise on the viz out there????:spliff:

·
Charter Boat Skipper, Salvage Diver & YBOD abuser
1,605 Posts
Don't think anyone will have been there recently- had a long run of N Easterlies :frown: Another two days of them then three calm days where we might get out there, then into strong SWesterlies if the forecasts are right :rolleyes:
Scott managed to get out to the Segontium last W/end and got 6m vis so Caernarfon Bay side could be a good bet for this weekend. North/East side should be divable at the weekend but whether the vis will have chance to recover is a guess too far ATM.

ATB,
Terry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts