YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

First, Well done to Mark for organising a brilliant day.

We arrived the day before to meet Gavin, Ben and Parahandy. Mark turned up a little later with a non diving friend. Drinks curry, drinks, bed.

Saturday was a little cloudy but the promise of good dives kept spirits up. And rightly so. We eventually found the pontoon and got on the boat. We met up with the day trippers, Nigel, Noel & Dawn, Fiona B, Wet lettuce.  I must say, up to now all the hard boats I've been on were ex-fishing / trawler types with put-put engines. Not Scott's boat. As soon as he started the 700 hp Engines I knew we were in for a great ride out. And my goodness his boat ain't half fast. Its a flippin 35ft speed boat.

We zoomed off south west out into the Irish sea and round Anglesey to the first dive site, the Kimya, a tanker sunk around seven years ago sitting in 10 - 11 metres of water. Dropped down the shot line and on to the forecastle. Vis was miminal and lots of squinting and feeling our way round but it was good to get back in the water.

Second dive was on the 'Norman Court' a 1880 teaclipper with better vis (5 - 8m). We saw three of the dive objectives, brass bolts used to hold the wooden planks fast and copper sheeting used to stop growth on the hull of the ship. Didn't see the 2 foot cannon wedged in the hull but maybe next time eh? again 8 metres deep and sitting on a sandy bottom so better vis.

The third dive was on Carag Y Try, rocks in between the two dive sites. There were lots of polished bricks on the rocks as the boat carrying them ran on to the rocks and .. well you can guess the rest. One less brick today as Ben managed to salvage one. You'll be speaking to the reciever of wreck then Ben??  

The day was topped off when we crossed paths with seven - eight dolphins on our return, Fantastic. Nigel got some nice pictures I hope.

Fantastic day out despit the vis on dive one, with great views east to Snowdon and well worth the 660 miles we put on the car.

Dave C

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>hi all

Any phot's of Scotts boat

cheers

Andy

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Tis true, a good day was had by all. Great fun and we here at Team Bunny hope to meet up with you all again.

Noel  

1 - 5 of 5 Posts