YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Scott's boat is available on 6th December for the day. We need at least 6 to secure it - let me know as soon as you can either by PM or my mobile (07816 171663).

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>What is Scotts boat? I've got a day off & no plans, but it's a 5 hr drive for me. I've never dived off N.Wales coast for that reason, so whats the plans Wreck etc?

gareth

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Reeve @ Nov. 19 2003,18:33)]What is Scotts boat? I've got a day off & no plans, but it's a 5 hr drive for me. I've never dived off N.Wales coast for that reason, so whats the plans Wreck etc?

gareth
Hey Gareth,

Maybe this will help fill in some of the blanks for you mate:

Skipper: Scott Waterman
Quest Diving Charters
Y Graig
New Street
Menai Bridge
Anglesey
LL59 5HN

[email protected]

Tel:      01248 716923

Mobile:  07974 - 249005

Many thanks for your enquiry, here is some information on the boat and diving available.

Wreck Diving:

Anglesey offers an abundance of top quality diving. The quantity and diversity of the wreck diving make the area such a good choice for anyone wishing to organise a successful dive trip. Below are some of the offshore wrecks we visit regularly and their depths:

Arlloch -- 30-40m
Apapa -- 30-50m
Cambank -- 30m
Lelia -- 15-20m
Vignes -- 35-45m
Chucabuco -- 30m
Cork -- 40-45m
Penstone -- 30m
Segontium -- 30m
Delfina -- 30-40m
Roanoag -- 40m
Bijou -- 35m
Strarah -- 30m
Mona -- 20m
Nydia -- 40m
Torch -- 20m
Albion -- 40m
Canargo -- 35-45m
Albanion -- 40m
UB1024 -- 60m
Penros -- 15m
Resurgam -- 15m
Dacota -- 15m
Farfield -- 40m
TR4 -- 30m
Liverpool (Anglesey) -- 40m
Lady Windsor -- 30m
Liverpool (IOM) -- 35m

In addition to these we also have over 30 offshore wrecks that have still not been positively identified, as well as more than 50 inshore wrecks in depths under 10m.  To give an indication of the vast choice available, we have a group from Leeds who have been coming out with us once a month throughout the season for the past 5 years and have only dived the same wreck twice on 2 occasions!

Scenic/Drift Diving:

Being an Island, Anglesey has over 100 miles of jagged coastline offering some of the best and most exciting dives.  From the fast flowing nutrient rich waters of the Menai Straits (now designated an area of special scientific interest), to spectacular offshore pinnacles such as Carreg Hen. For a more relaxing second dive we have seal diving on various locations around the island, as well as dozens of sheltered coves and bays where training and snorkelling can easily be carried out.

The Dive Boat:

Lochin 40 --- (new 2003)
Engine --- 700HP Scania
Licensed --- 60 miles
Top speed --- 26 knots
Cruising range --- Anywhere in Irish Sea
Features --- Large heated wheelhouse
* Bowthruster
* Fully benched out kit up deck
* Hydraulic diver tail lift
* 240v power
* Microwave oven
* Electric toilet

NB: We do not take fishing trips out ever, so the boat doesn’t smell like a trawler!

The Skipper: - Scott Waterman

I am a mad keen diver with over 20 years boating experience and 16 years diving (1000 + dives). I hold a RYA Yacht master commercial qualification and have been a BSAC Advanced Diver for the last 11 years. This year we are employing a crewmember to assist in kitting up divers and providing tea, coffee etc.

Accommodation in Menai Bridge:

Mostyn Arms --- Pub/B&B --- TEL: 01248 713915
Angelsey Arms --- Hotel --- TEL: 01248 712305
Victoria Hotel --- Hotel --- TEL: 01248 712309

Further Information:

My reference books on diving the area, 'Anglesey Wrecks and Reefs Vols 1 & 2 are available in all good dive shops

If you have any other questions please feel free to call or email Scott and Helen.

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Gareth,

I'd say that Bren's pretty much covered it there. No specific plans for the dives - at this time of year it would need to be led by the conditions, but plenty to choose from.

If the travel is a problem try over night accommodation. the Mostyn Arms listed above is a stone throw from the jetty, is comfortable and cheap.

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>First team sheet is:

(1) Mark Davies
(2) Timing
(3) Noel Johnson
(4) Wetlettuce
(5) Parahandy
(6) Fiona B

Game on!

Any more?

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Mark

You said PM you so I did, but I'll ask on here.  Is it the boat with the lift or the smaller one, as I would be interested if it was.

Fiona

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Fiona, I'd say the one with the lift but didn't bother asking to be honest. I'll be getting back to Scott later today so can confirm it for you later. Can I add you to the list?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Imported post

What kind of diving are you intending doing?
I don't DIR and I don't like getting into loads of deco! But if it's within my capabilities then I'd love to come. I've dived off Scott's big boat once before and it was great.

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Dave, actual sites will be weather specific but planning 30m max (and no-deco diving for myself at least); plenty to choose from.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#3BB9FF'>I'd come...but you don't think I should...tut!

x x x

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kate @ Nov. 20 2003,10:48)]I'd come...but you don't think I should...tut!
<font color='#000080'>Didn't say that, just that you'll need to sort yourself a dry-suit and learn to use it first!

Is there anyone out there that can help Kate with this in the next two weeks?

·
3,293 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi

Put my name down mate, got the day off, and Scotts is a good boat.

Andy

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Davies @ Nov. 20 2003,10:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kate @ Nov. 20 2003,10:48)]I'd come...but you don't think I should...tut!
Didn't say that, just that you'll need to sort yourself a dry-suit and learn to use it first!

Is there anyone out there that can help Kate with this in the next two weeks?
<font color='#3BB9FF'>Don't start trying to act the inocent...  

x x x

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Right, Andy and Tony - got you two down. Just need one more now!

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Mark

Yes please add me to the list but only if its the one with the lift.  

have trouble with ladders.  

FB

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Fiona, I'll pencil you in then. Tried getting hold of Scott to check on the boat but no answer. I'll try again later and let you know.

Still more room if anyone else wants to come.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>Wish I could have come on this one so I could of poped in to see my dad but doing the IFC in worcester that week end.

Hay Kate if you want to try out dry suit diving id be pleased to help I am at guildy most week ends.

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Davies @ Nov. 20 2003,09:28)]First team sheet is:

(1) Mark Davies
(2) Timing
(3) Noel Johnson
(4) Wetlettuce
(5) Parahandy
(6) Fiona B

Game on!
<font color='#000080'>Any more?

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Latest list is:

(1) Mark Davies
(2) Timing
(3) Noel Johnson
(4) Wetlettuce
(5) Parahandy
(6) Fiona B
(7) Ben
(8) Nigel Waller (?)
(9) Gavin Yates

Room for another 3 if you're quick, but Scott is opening it up for more. Fiona, we're on the big boat with the lift, so no worries for you there. Won't know any start times until nearer the day when we've got some idea of the weather and tide conditions, but expect it to be around 9.00 am at latest.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts