YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My spinning fish has spun into cyberspace.

i had a fish in a bowl, but someone said it was a ibt 'finding nemo' and 'baby spice' so it has to go.

I want this one, but on my PC, and photobucket, he does this......

why won't he do that as an avatar?

·
Retired
2,054 Posts

i had a fish in a bowl, but someone said it was a ibt 'finding nemo' and 'baby spice' so it has to go.

Maybe he got dizzy :teeth: or lost interest in chasing his tail.

Thats not much help really.

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Sometimes it pays to be nice to the Mods :D
Mal
Only if you want to get barred .............. I thought us plebs were obliged to be mean to you Mods [Thou] leathern-jerkin, crystal-button, knot-pated, agatering, puke-stocking, caddis-garter, smooth-tongue, Spanish pouch!

??????

:teeth:

·
A Moderate from 04/01/07-24/12/12
11,804 Posts
Finless, prepare to have your tagline changed to Banned. :)
I keep asking Jay to let the Mods have access to change people's taglines .... unfortunately I am sure he realises how much havoc would be wreaked .... so that toy is firmly not in my toy cupboard.

Mal

I'll just have to stick to fixing avatars :( and trying to keep spamming ****s at bay

·
23,946 Posts
:) I am detecting a hint of sarcasm from you there .... and so out of character too ;)
Mal
Not at all. It was a genuine question. I don't understand how spammers can have an easy task unless they hack into the data and lift the email addresses? Otherwise, it's a very labourious task sending everyone a PM?

Also, I'm not subtle enough to only hint? :redface:

·
A Moderate from 04/01/07-24/12/12
11,804 Posts
Not at all. It was a genuine question. I don't understand how spammers can have an easy task unless they hack into the data and lift the email addresses? Otherwise, it's a very labourious task sending everyone a PM?

Also, I'm not subtle enough to only hint? :redface:
Soz for misunderstanding .... we did have an issue recently where a member joined just to send spam via PM .... yes that is very laborious but still unwelcome by the members....easily dealt with though.

In the last day or so we have had a number of new members who have joined, seemingly to promote some goods or services by posting links to their own websites. This is SPAM too and is more time consuming to trace....thankfully the membership are pretty good at letting the mods know what they don't like and if we have missed something. Sometimes it is naivety but most of the time it is calculated ....afterall the prize of 10,000 qualified subject matter addicts getting to see your material and it costs you nothing is a pretty damned attractive prize.

We do our best to keep it in check.

HTH
Mal

·
23,946 Posts
Soz for misunderstanding .... we did have an issue recently where a member joined just to send spam via PM .... yes that is very laborious but still unwelcome by the members....easily dealt with though.

In the last day or so we have had a number of new members who have joined, seemingly to promote some goods or services by posting links to their own websites. This is SPAM too and is more time consuming to trace....thankfully the membership are pretty good at letting the mods know what they don't like and if we have missed something. Sometimes it is naivety but most of the time it is calculated ....afterall the prize of 10,000 qualified subject matter addicts getting to see your material and it costs you nothing is a pretty damned attractive prize.

We do our best to keep it in check.

HTH
Mal
Now isn't a good time to PM all the YD ladies about my new business "Warm Hands Massage Service" then? :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
I had a similar problem with my moose! Until I saw the warning on the Avatar upload page:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 75 by 75 pixels or 48.8 KB (whichever is smaller).

So I used a program to downsize it abit and hey presto, it worked.

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts

He is doing it as an avatar.

And I actually liked Nemo, he was alright.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Not sure I like the new one. It's a bit hypnotic and I can't help watching it going round and round and round and round.....surely it will sit down and rest soon...but no....round and round and round....

I'm feeling a bit sick and dizzy now. Need to go for a lie down.:sad:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.