YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Just bought Martin Farr's new book "Diving in Darkness" from DW.

Only flicked through it so far, but looks seriously packed with info and tips.  I'd planned to take it to the Red Sea and read it out there but I'm not sure I'll be able to hold off that long.

Its signed too.....be worth tens of thousands in a few years, you wait and see!

It's probably not worth any DIR wannabees reading it.  Even tho it'll provide an interesting counter-balance to all the DIR books, you'd just dismiss it anyway.  

For folk like Bob Cooper, Mark Emery et al,  I'd be interested to read your thoughts on the content of the book - you know pro's con's vs DIR rigs / thinking.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Imported post

I think it's a good book.  I got a signed one too!

I've read most of it and don't see anything very "non DIR" about it.  Even the section on lights advocates against a helmet mounted primary.

Some good pics. in there too!

Bob

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Bonjeour Pierre,
                     You could try HERE

Peter

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cooper @ Oct. 24 2003,19:04)]I've read most of it and don't see anything very "non DIR" about it.  Even the section on lights advocates against a helmet mounted primary.
Ah well, just shows what I know!

I did say I hadn't read it tho

Bob, how does what Martin says compare to what you've learnt from GUE?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Imported post

Hello All,

I've just finished it and, agreed, packed full of good stuff. Mine's not signed yet but it will be when I bowl over to Wales in the spring to do my TDI cavern course with Mr Farr (it was postponed this year as he did his back in lugging his gear up some cliffs in Ireland)...if anyone is interested in joining me on the cavern course let me know...dates to be firmed up but you can get info at

http://www.farrworld.co.uk

Digger expressed an interest after his cavrn experiences over the summer but not heard back from him yet.

I have a signed copy of "The Darkness Beckons" which is also a stunning read and I'd recommend that....but I suppose you've already read it.

Cheers for now...

Graham

1 - 8 of 8 Posts