YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Got an OMS ali backplate, harness and D rings off ebay for £51 this morning - seems about right for the money. Then went with Andy2Tanx to Divers Warehouse so HE could get a new dry suit. An hour later and I ended up with a brand spanking new neoprene drysuit for £200. Ah well, kiddie will have to go hungry this month.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

what an absolute bargain well done! You could have spent so much more than that - easily.
Feel better?
Matt

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

don't worry about it Jay.  i'm off to pick up my new suit tomorrow too.  and the 7 litre twins the day after.  what strike?

·
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Cheering you up has cheered me up, so today hasnt been a total waste of time, I was beginning to think it was, just a matter of applying female logic I think.
Matt

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Female logic....  No sorry never seen any evidence.  

Actually Jay the female approach would be to work out how much you had saved and then spent the savings on something else.  (Obviously visiting 30 dive stores in the process).  

Right I'm running now, just to get a head start.....

Daz

·
Registered
599 Posts
Imported post

Andy
I want some twin 7,s you will have to go on strike again

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

tell me about it nige.  i just got back from a union meeting, the latest offer is absolutely nuts!!

why arent you answering your mobile!!!!!

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Imported post

Guys if you get pensioned off you can afford to splash out  
I pick my 12's up tomorrow

R U diving next week? only stoney for me though as my sitter is still in Cyprus waiting for it to all  kick off.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Imported post

Nice freddy shot
I want to break free!!!!!!!!!!!
Stoney on thurs me, andy, steve,  anyone else

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Jay, I see you've got the same idea as me, setting a target of 100 dives per year - UK only I assume, diving abroad is too easy to count ;)
Mind I've always fallen short of my target every year I've said this, but this year though....
Chee-az
Steve

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

I'm going to count both Steve - its difficult to manage diving time and family time so I reckoned that 100 dives would be good to aim for. Not doing bad so far bearing in mind its still the winter season.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Imported post

DARREN!!!

You can NEVER run fast enough!

I'm shocked and horrified - female logic indeed.

I hate shopping, food or clothes.

My filosofee (cant be bothered to spell it) is:

Do I like it?
Is it in my size?
Buy two (when your'e only 5'1", and it IS in your size, you always get two of them)

I like my kind of female logic.  I'd much prefer to spend an hour or two in Divers Warehouse (my very local dive shop), thankyou very much.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Carol @ Mar. 11 2003,15:37)]I like my kind of female logic.  I'd much prefer to spend an hour or two in Divers Warehouse (my very local dive shop), thankyou very much.
OK Carol my sincere apologies,  I realise not all of the fairer sex deserve to be stereotyped.

Darren

Now just to really set my mind at rest..  If I can be so forward as to ask a personal question....

Have you ever (Hand on heart) based your choice of kit purchase on ensuring you are colour coordinated...  

No ?  So just my wife then  

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

I think I know more men who colour co-ordinate, actually...

They *HAVE* to have it in black!

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Touche Lou....

Guilty as charged  

Although my drybag does have lots of blue in it.  Oh bugger so do my fins...  It was a coincidence. Honest

·
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Now you know why I wear Tartan undies, goes with everything. Actually I have to admit I do try and get my kit to match, BUT only because I know its mine and not Adams - honest.

Matt

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Hmm....

So given that I have a blue drysuit, white cylinders, a red wing, and am working on a purple backplate pocket, should I be worried?  

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#333399'>.                          

"Well hello sailor"

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>MIB yep thats me

My fins are blue

But thats coz they had sold out of black ones at the dive show  

I have to admit to considering changing all my bolt snaps to SS as my new SS ones clash with the old skanky P/bronz ones which dont look half as good.

Numptie Dive Tart

(Mark Chase)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts