YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Thought it was about time I stopped lurking and introduced myself!  My name is Tracey and I work with Daz's better half!  I am just a lowly OW at the moment with about 10 dives under my weightbelt, half of those with Daz.

Will be going to Stoney on 21st but I don't have a dry suit and I'm too chicken to get in in a semi at the moment (managed in Dec at Vobster but that was about my limit!), so I won't be getting wet.  My other half however is slightly crazier than me and will be the mad one in the semi!

Looking forward to some serious diving this year and meeting you all.

Tracey

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

Hi Tracey, and welcome. Now you can take part in all the jolly banter.

Should see you, and meet Daz once again at Stoney.

Adrian

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>tracey nothing lowly about an ow diver,sure beats the crap out of the armchair diver.
enjoy your diving and yd.
cheers
barrie

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Tracey,

Welcome to YD. You'll never look back. This is a great place to learn more about diving, whether it be asking for advice on which kit to buy or asking just why your expected to do 'this' or 'that'. Lurk no more, get around the board and soak up the info., and join in the friendly banter if you wish. Please feel very welcome and hopefully you will find everyone very friendly and helpfull.

Remember no question is too stupid. Good luck in your dives and we'll look forward to meeting you guys at Stoney.

Dave C

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Well would be remiss of me not to welcome you officially as it were.

So welcome Petal.  

And careful about using a lack of drysuit as an excuse...  Don't forget I happen to have a slightly battered drysuit spare at the moment.   Nothing that a couple of thick pairs of socks could not remedy.  

BTW : When is the nutter in the semi throwing himself back in?  Has he thawed out from the last time yet?

Daz,

P.S Nothing lowly about your diving.  Best buoyancy I have seen in someone of your experience without exception.   (In fact better than many I have met with many more dives to their log).

·
2i/C 'Bristol Massive'
74 Posts
Imported post

Hiya Tracey - it would be rude of me not to welcome you!  Let's see if we can get you to 50 dives this year!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

Thank you for your nice welcomes  

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Don't forget I happen to have a slightly battered drysuit spare at the moment.
Daz, I'd forgotten that I can wear your suits
- feet will need padding out a bit!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]When is the nutter in the semi throwing himself back in?
Paul will be getting in at Stoney - we can't come to Vobster on Sat because he's whisking me away somewhere  
!

Sam - 50 dives would be excellent!!  Oh, it's going to be a good year!

Tracey

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

Hi Tracey,

Think I've dived with your other half at NDC if he's the Paul-in-the-semi that I think he is. It was the day of the  "Daz and the Giant Pike Photography Adventure".

Hope to meet you at Stoney.

Tom

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>And yet no report in the board from this "Giant Pike Photography Adventure." What a let-down.

Good to see you on the boards Tracey, even though you're taken!

And don't go underselling yourself as an OW. I believe it was an AOW in the Blue Hole with Mark Chase a few weeks back!!! Ticket means very little.

See you at Stoney. Digs.

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Ya look at Digger,,, only ticket he has , is a uni one to get him cheap beer.

Welcome to the boards, nice to see women getting involved in a MANS sport

Andy

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>From the 30th November? You boys don't forget a pike, do you?

Must have been really funny to still be joking about it!

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

I have a sad life and need to find amusement where I can.

Speaking of which, that 'hood of fire' of yours...

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ Feb. 12 2004,11:40)]Welcome to the boards, nice to see women getting involved in a MANS sport
<font color='#000080'>oooooooooooooh dear

you don't want to be saying things like that where mary and porg can hear

they might sit on you  

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>No, I'll just act all girly and get some nice bloke to carry my twins, Porg will sit on you (or headbut you in the kneecaps)

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tom @ Feb. 12 2004,11:06)]Hi Tracey,

Think I've dived with your other half at NDC if he's the Paul-in-the-semi that I think he is. It was the day of the  "Daz and the Giant Pike Photography Adventure".

Hope to meet you at Stoney.

Tom
Spot on Tom.

Yep, that was indeed the same Paul.

Daz

P.S  What do you reckon Tom,  Pike must have been at least 4ft.  

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ Feb. 12 2004,11:40)]Welcome to the boards, nice to see women getting involved in a MANS sport
Ladies,

Feel free to introduce yourselves to Andy at Stoney,  I am sure someone will point him out.

Now unfortunately Andy will not be getting into the Extremely Cold water as he is otherwise busy providing surface support and  will NOT be wearing a drysuit

So I am sure that all of you would like to go and see him together, so you can discuss the finer points of why he considers "Diving is a man's sport".

·
2i/C 'Bristol Massive'
74 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Ladies, does Andy have a deathwish or something?
 Let's just say, I'm looking forward to meeting him!!!  

Let's see if I can dig out some twin 20's for him to carry around for the day!  Alternatively, he can help carry all the kit for us poor ladies!!!

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
<font color='#000080'>oooooooh mans sport my arse!  I got the most dives in my club last year out of all of them!

Just cos i aint got testicles dont mean i aint got balls..........

1 - 20 of 27 Posts